Account manager: job responsibilities. What does "account-manager" mean and why?
The quality of the service is estimated by each company as one of the indicators of customer satisfaction. Of course, it is very difficult to attract customers, but no less work is their retention.
Both of these functions are often performed by the account manager. He is the link between the customer and his company. His work is invisible, but extremely important for any organization that wants to establish itself in the market of services or goods and turn its name into a brand. Next, we will discuss this post in more detail.
A new term is a well-forgotten old
In the English-speaking version this intricate phrase sounds like an account-manager. Translation of it to us, strangely enough, is already familiar. Yes, this is a manager for work with clients - the vacancy is familiar and common. But still some differences can be found. So, if you are an account manager, what kind of duties will fall on your shoulders?
Selection of candidates
A specialist of this kind can consider creating a motivational base for the company's clients as a key activity for the purpose of constant cooperation with it. Therefore, often, his competent, professional work can be the key to the success of various events and projects, and possibly, the positive reputation of the agency itself. A person claiming such a position must have a number of qualities. These are such as:
- Sociability. The ability of a person not only to communicate beautifully and competently, but also to conduct business negotiations, it is tempting to offer ideas for cooperation - the basis of the foundations in this profession!
- Ability to submit yourself. Often an account manager is the only person with whom the customer contacts and who for him will be the "face" of the company. So in the list of mandatory requirements you can often see a presentable appearance.
- Loyalty. A good specialist in working with clients can feel the desire and mood of your opponent and use them for their own purposes. He must skillfully combine in one and the wishes of the boss, and the requirements of the customer, without forgetting at the same time about the purpose of the transaction.
- Stress resistance. Any workflow always assumes the appearance of objections when communicating or performing their professional duties in a rigid time frame. Be prepared for this!
- Skill to work in team. Sometimes this quality helps to fulfill all requirements quickly and qualitatively.
- Quickly switch between tasks. It happens that one account manager participates in several projects at different levels of development.
List of responsibilities under one project
So, let's look at the actions that the account manager should perform.
The list of duties includes:
- coordinate the work plan with the client, the requirements of both parties (the company - the customer);
- establish and develop strong long-term partnerships;
- timely provide the client with the required information on the project;
- organize the production process, starting with the development of the plan and collecting information and ending with the monitoring of the work of performers and other specialists;
- to carry out document circulation (registration of acts, contracts, reports);
- to monitor the timeliness of payment of billed bills, to prevent debts;
- it is advantageous to present the services of the company to the client;
- be able to work with objections;
- conclude deals as a result of a positive business meeting;
- analyze the results of cooperation in order to identify the reasons for dissatisfaction, claims from the customer;
- be able to take prompt action to eliminate them;
- Develop loyalty programs for customers.
The list is quite impressive, but the specialist, who has at least a minimal experience of working in the business sphere, will not seem insoluble.
Who does this specialist work with?
From the correct actions of the account manager, as already said, many business processes in the firm depend. This is due to the fact that in the course of his duties he contacts not only with the client, but also with other auxiliary departments and specialists. So, for example, he may be entrusted with cooperation with:
- usability-specialists (in the case of a site and other information resources);
- analytical department of the company;
- SEO-specialists responsible for promoting a resource, brand, service or product;
- developers of contextual advertising.
In the case of a long-term or labor-intensive project, the obligatory coordination of actions with these employees falls on the shoulders of the client base specialist.
What can not be claimed from the account manager?
We must immediately clarify that the person in this position is not engaged in sales and is not associated with them. His field of activity is consulting, that is, participation in business processes, their control at various levels and adjustment of the work of the above-mentioned specialists. Therefore, making claims to this employee about reducing the company's sales or orders from the website of the online store will be fundamentally wrong.
He has completely different tasks - satisfaction of the customer's wishes and adjustment of the work of all departments of the company in accordance with them. Then another obligatory condition will be fulfilled, which is facing the account manager, attracting customers, making deals for long-term and mutually beneficial progressive cooperation. These two tasks, of course, are interrelated, and a knowledgeable professional knows how to combine them in the best possible way.
Yes, the account manager is not an easy job, but interesting, useful and in demand. Many businessmen started in this position and became successful, as it gives the necessary skills to conduct business with clients. Do not think that you are waiting only for the office and a dull paper red tape. In fact, in any company, the account manager rarely has to spend his working day in four walls. And all thanks to the fact that this post assumes high activity.