Alexander Nikolaevich Ostrovsky: a biography in a concise statement
In the ancient bureaucratic district of Moscow, on MalayaOrdynke, in the beginning of the 19th century the famous writer and playwright Alexander Ostrovsky was born, whose biography is full of participation in the bright events of the theater and literary life of Russia of that time.
Childhood and youth
The exact date of birth of the writer is April 12, 1823. His childhood and youth passed in Zamoskvorechye. Nikolai Fedorovich, the father of the future writer, although he was the son of a priest, but served in court as an official. Mother, Lyubov Ivanovna, died early. Father again married a noblewoman when Alexander was 13 years old. Nikolai Fedorovich's successful career as a judge earned him a noble title and a decent estate for which he acquired several estates and, having moved to the village of Shchelykovo in the Kostroma province in 1848, became a true landowner.
After graduation from the gymnasium in Moscow in 1840the young man comes at the insistence of his father to the Faculty of Law of Moscow University. However, he studied law issues only three years. The theater became his real passion. He leaves the university. In the hope that he will be able to correct the son's theatrical inclinations, his father arranges him as a scribe in the Moscow conscientious court. Having worked there for two years, Ostrovsky is transferred to the office of the commercial court. Years spent in the practice of law, did not pass without a trace for the future playwright. Quite a number of plots of literary works were borrowed from real life.
A. N. Ostrovsky: biography of the early period
This period illuminates the writer's life aftergraduation from school. From the moment he entered the university and met with the theater, the biography of Alexander Nikolayevich Ostrovsky began to change in the direction of literary activity and dramaturgy. He seriously took up literature. The essay "Notes of Zamoskvoretsky resident", an uncomplicated comedy "The Picture of Family Happiness" and two scenes from the future comedy were published. The comedy "Our People - We'll Be Counted" was published in 1849. In the same year, contrary to the will of his father, he marries a simple bourgeois woman. Father rejects him in material support.
A.N.Ostrovsky: biography of the "Muscovite" and "pre-reform" periods
The playwriting of Ostrovsky is gaining momentum. During the period 1852-1860 the following events occur:
- The play of the play "Do not sit down in your sledge".
- The publication of the play "Poverty is not a vice".
- Ostrovsky is a member of a young editorial office of the Moskvityanin magazine.
- Since 1856 - cooperation with the magazine "Contemporary". Acquaintance with Leo Tolstoy and IS Turgenev.
- 1856 - participation in the literary and ethnographic expedition along the Volga. Gathered a wealth of material for future works.
Ostrovsky: biography of the "post-reform" perioda
- 1865 - he founded a theater group, a school for talented theater lovers.
- 1870 - on his initiative a school of writers-playwrights is created.
- He successfully translates Cervantes, Shakespeare.
- The total number of theatrical works reached 54.
- In 1872 he wrote a comedy poem "Comedian XVII century."
The biography of his life testifies to the rich and fruitful life of the writer. Ostrovsky AN died on June 14, 1886 in the Zavolzhsky estate of Shchelykovo.