Ear drops "Anauran": instructions for use, composition, indications, analogues and reviews
In the practice of otolaryngologists, there are often cases of inflammatory diseases of the hearing aid that appear on the background of infections. Anauran eardrops, an effective medicament with antibacterial, anesthetic and antimicrobial properties, help to fight such pathologies.
This drug is excellent at treating infections of the middle and outer ear when applied topically. Ear drops "Anauran" perfectly suited for self-therapy at home.
The drug effectively fights pathogenic microflora, which provokes the occurrence of inflammation of the hearing aid. The combined composition of the ear drops "Anauran", according to reviews, perfectly shows itself during the treatment of otitis of various pathogenesis, including the complicated, acute and chronic forms.As a preventive measure, the drug is indicated by surgeons after surgical interventions in the ENT organs to prevent various complications.
The tool is produced in the form of drops, placed in a dark glass bottle with a rubber pipette at the end. The drug has neither a specific aroma, nor a pronounced shade. The medicine is obliged by its effectiveness to several main active ingredients: lidocaine hydrochloride, neomycin and polymyxin sulfate. As auxiliary ingredients are:
- propylene glycol;
- distilled water;
- benzalkonium chloride.
Ear drops "Anauran" are effective in the treatment of infections through a combination of the antibiotics neomycin and polymyxin. Although the remaining components also provide the drug with certain healing properties.
- Bactericidal derivatives of neomycin sulfate, a broad-spectrum antibiotic, are active against gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria.
- Polymyxin Sulfate is a polypeptide antibiotic. The substance fights gram-negative microbes.
- Lidocaine hydrochloride has a local anesthetic effect, relieves itching and eliminates pain in a short time.
Indications for use
The drug is considered universal: prescribed ear drops "Anauran" for children and adults with purulent complications of upper respiratory tract, otitis and the presence of other inflammatory processes. It is advisable to use the tool when:
- exudative otitis of the middle ear in acute and chronic form;
- after surgical intervention in the ENT organs, including tympanoplasty, trephination, fenestration, antrotomy;
- acute otitis media without perforation of the eardrum;
- purulent complications due to the removal of the mastoid process or trepanation.
Instructions for use of ear drops "Anauran"
Before use, the product must be slightly warmed up, rubbing the bottle with your hands for a few minutes. In order to prevent the drug from contact with the eardrum, you can use a cotton swab dipped in oil. Drops should be gently injected using a dispenser, slightly tilting the head to the side and gently pulling the earlobe.After the manipulation is done, you need to remain in this position for several minutes.
The dosage used is determined individually, depending on the severity and form of the disease. As a rule, adults should use the drug 3-4 times a day for 4-5 drops. The course of treatment may be approximately 5-7 days. For children, the instruction for ear drops "Anauran" provides for the use of 2-3 drops 3-4 times a day for a week.
The tool should not be used continuously to prevent the emergence of superinfection and the emergence of ototoxicity or nephrotoxicity. To achieve a positive result, a weekly course of therapy with the use of “Anauran” ear drops is quite enough. You should not try to diagnose the disease yourself and select a treatment regimen. Otherwise, the patient risks achieving the opposite effect to recovery.
Use of the drug during pregnancy
Women in the position can use the ear drops "Anauran" only for the purpose of the otolaryngologist. The drug has an ototoxic effect, so only a specialist can correctly select therapy, determining the level of risk and the degree of benefit from the drug.During the period of breastfeeding should also consult with a physician.
Interaction with other drugs
It is not recommended to use "Anauran" ear drops in parallel with other identical drugs. Many antibiotics also have ototoxic properties, so the combined use of similar medicines can lead to undesirable consequences. At the same time it is forbidden to use the drug with drugs containing:
Side Effects and Overdose
The appearance of adverse effects on therapy with the use of “Anauran” ear drops is unlikely with proper use of the drug, compliance with the permissible dosage and recommendations of the otolaryngologist.
Only in some cases, itching, hyperemia and peeling of the outer ear can occur. All these symptoms disappear without additional treatment almost immediately after stopping the use of drops.
Side effects of a systemic nature, as a rule, are absent, since the drug almost does not penetrate into the general circulation.
The use of drops should be abandoned if:
- child's age less than one year;
- there is a tendency to allergic manifestations;
- the patient has an increased sensitivity or intolerance to the ingredients contained in the preparation.
Analogues ear drops "Anauran"
To prevent self-medication and undesirable effects of the active ingredients of the drug on the body, the drug can be purchased only by a special prescription. Drops can be stored for three years at room temperature, not higher than 25 degrees. At the end of this period, the drug loses its healing properties, due to which it must be disposed of.
According to its composition and combination of active ingredients, “Anauran” ear drops do not have completely identical analogues. Replace the drug can only be similar in effect and properties of drugs.
- "Otofa" - drops with rifampicin sodium as the main active ingredient. Prevent the spread of pathogenic microorganisms, inhibit the development of bacteria that provoke infectious inflammatory diseases of the ear.
- "Otinum" - is effective in the initial symptoms of inflammation of the ear canal. The drug reduces pain and is often used to remove sulfur plugs.
- "Aurideksan" - intensively fights bacteria, viruses and fungi. Great for treating the youngest patients.
- "Otipaks" - the most popular analogue of "Anauran", which has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Drops quickly and effectively eliminate pain, as well as prevent further spread of infection.
What patients say
Ear drops "Anauran" are considered a very popular drug, so there are a lot of different responses about it. With regard to the positive characteristics of the product, patients most often note the rate at which the result arises, the comfortable oily consistency of the substance and comfort in use.
But from the negative qualities of users "Anaurana" emit the necessary duration of use, the presence of less expensive counterparts, the frequent occurrence of allergic reactions and a short shelf life after opening the bottle.
However, the tool perfectly anesthetizes and eliminates even the slightest discomfort. As for allergic manifestations, they pass quite quickly and do not cause any special problems.
Summing up, we can say the following about the Anauran ear drops:
- effective medication that shows itself well in otitis media and external otitis;
- quickly affects and eliminates unpleasant symptoms;
- includes antibiotics, whose purpose should be entrusted exclusively to a qualified otolaryngologist;
- has an excellent analgesic effect;
- convenient to use;
- extremely rarely leads to the development of side effects;
- has a high cost, compared with similar drugs.