Cucumbers Adam F1: description, features of cultivation, productivity and reviews
Gardeners build on their summer cottagesgreenhouses and greenhouses to grow tomatoes, cucumbers in them. Everyone, in due course, selects ideal varieties of vegetables for himself, focusing on taste and yield. One of the most popular varieties is the cucumber Adam F1. Description, reviews and rules of care can be found in our article. What is this vegetable?
Cucumber Adam F1: description
This culture is very tall and middle-splayed,has a female blossoming type. It is ideal for cultivation throughout the country, but especially loved the inhabitants of the middle belt and northern latitudes for early ripeness, which is important for these areas. The formation of the crop occurs only fifty days after the seed is planted. Cucumbers Adam are used for cooking salads, pickling and pickling.
The greens have a dark green color. Fruits grow up to 12 centimeters, the average weight reaches 90 grams, they have a slightly bumpy surface, on which there is a slight pubescence of white color. Cucumber Adam F1, the description of which we produced, is endowed with a sweetish taste, juicy and crunchy, not prone to bitterness.
This variety has a high yield. Bushes themselves feel great in hotbeds and greenhouses, as well as in beds with temporary shelter in the form of a film.
Advantages of the variety and its shortcomings
Cucumbers Adam F1 are endowed with a number of positivequalities, including high resistance to many diseases, such as powdery mildew, cladosporium and cucumber mosaic. What else can the variety boast of?
- Early ripening of fruit, high yield.
- The zelenians are even, they have an excellent presentation.
- Cucumbers easily carry transportation for long distances, since they are endowed with the ability of long-term storage.
- The taste qualities are excellent, they do not have bitterness.
On one square meter, the average yield is 8.5-10.5 kilograms, so Adam's cucumbers are popular not only among summer residents, but also among farmers who grow vegetables for sale.
As for the shortcomings, they simply do not exist. You can safely say that the variety is ideal.
Rules of landing
Cucumber Adam F1, reviews about which can be found infurther content of the article, is adapted to any climatic conditions, so the seeds can be planted in the open ground. To do this, you must follow the following rules:
- Pre-sowing preparation and heating are not needed.
- Seeds of cucumbers Adam must be placed in water for sizing.
- If the area is not too hot in summer and often there are cloudy cool days, then it is necessary to temper the seeds, placing them in the refrigerator for a day (not in the freezer!).
- Seeds for higher yields should be placed in special peat-humus pots.
- Before emergence, air temperature should not be lower than +26.
- If the greenhouse or the greenhouse is "dark," arrange additional illumination so that the bushes do not go up, and their stems are not thinned.
- If the seeds are planted for seedlings, they should not "sit" in pots for longer than four weeks.
For the planting of seeds or seedlings, a 70x30 scheme is used. In addition, the following points should be considered:
- Sowing and planting seedlings should occur only when the air temperature is not below +18 degrees, and the soil is heated to +16.
- Seedlings need to be hardened, whether seeds or seedlings. To do this, it is necessary to bring them outside for a week before planting, watering them, the temperature of which is slightly below room temperature.
- One day before planting, the soil in which the seedlings are located is poured with standing water, preheated.
- To care for the emergence of seedlings is necessary according to the standard scheme, which is suitable for cucumbers of hybrid varieties.
Cucumber Adam F1 is not a capricious culture. It is only necessary to follow the elementary rules of care. So, what is required for high yields?
- To reduce the risk of cucumber damagepests and diseases, it is not necessary to cultivate them annually on the same site. Return them to the same place is not required more than once every five years.
- The beds on which the culture is grown must always be cleaned of weeds.
- The root system grows bare as it grows, so it is necessary to loosen the soil stably and to bushes the bushes.
- Before flowering plants need a weekly watering, and in the period of fruiting the number of them should be at least two per week. Thus, the fruits will be juicy and sweet.
- Irrigation should be carried out only in the evening. The water is left standing so that there is no chlorine in it, and it is heated up to +24 degrees.
- Cucumbers Adam must be fed. The number of such events is five times per season. Ideal top dressing is mullein or bird droppings. If there is no possibility to find such, then the purchased means will approach, the best are "Fertility", "Feeder", "Ideal" and sodium humate.
- To stimulate the branching and thereby increase the yield, it is possible to prick the main stem after the appearance of the sixth leaf of the plant.
How to increase the yield?
A convenient way of growing cucumbers is trellis. Tying the stems to the wire, you raise the lighting. The yield will be higher with systematic collection of fruits.
Tapestry to do very simply. You will need a thin galvanized wire, two poles. The posts may be wooden, but they must be treated with a solution that protects the material from pests and rot. The bark is completely removed, the ends of the pillars to be dug in must be smeared with tar. After installing the poles around the edges of the seedlings, pull three or four rows of wire, tie the strings to it with thick threads.
Is it possible to harvest seeds?
Many gardeners prefer their ownharvest seeds for planting next season. It is worth remembering that all grades with the F1 mark are not meant for this. They can not keep their properties for the second generation. If you still decided to try this method, then do not expect a high yield and unique taste qualities. Seeds are inexpensive, so it is better to buy them.
Cucumber Adam F1: reviews of gardeners
There are a lot of comments on the variety. They write that the cucumber Adam fruits stably, the yield is high. Praise the culture for rapid growth, strong lashes, which are ripe juicy cucumbers. Cucumbers Adam bought a lot of fans among the gardeners and farmers-entrepreneurs due to their rich flavor, juiciness and sweet taste. They write that the brand is not bitter at all.
Many reviews say that the culture is completelyit is resistant to pest and disease. For cucumbers of this variety is very easy to care for, they are unpretentious. It is also written that the foliage does not turn yellow with a stable sun, the yield lasts until the end of the season. There are comments claiming that even when the bush begins to turn yellow, cucumbers can still ripen on it.