Cut beer: the secrets of making a drink
As the well-known Bond said, James Bond: "Shake, but do not mix!" The same motto, probably only with an adjustment to a slightly different kind of drink, can be chosen for those who are trying to make a cut beer - an original drink from several of its varieties.
Essence and philosophy
A distinctive feature of the drink in the presence of a clearborder between the layers of light and dark. As between yin and yang, as between the light and dark beginning in the world. The cut beer is not mixed, it should be clearly delineated in a beer glass, emphasizing the aesthetic filling of a kind of cocktail. In principle, different types of beer (especially one and the same producer) are perfectly combined with each other, because of their similar recipes. Only the density of the drinks is different. The chip of this composition is that the boundary between the components is really visible. And this is a rather laborious process, but with certain skills you will definitely be able to make cut beer. They say that it was invented by bartenders, to once again emphasize their skills. We will try also.
How to determine which beer is less dense?
Very simple! The higher the percentage of solids indicated on the label, the more dense. Still - the higher the degree of beer, the less dense it is. Provided that the same temperature conditions are observed, the cut beer is first denser (from below), then less (from above). So, now you know how to choose a more dense foam drink. We start cooking.
How to make cut beer: step by step instructions
We will need half a liter of dark and half a literlight beer, preferably one and the same producer (the recipes for all are similar, but there may be some nuances in the form of additives that are poorly combined with each other), a large beer glass and a spoon (if there is no special, then you can successfully use the ordinary dining room ). A special spoon for cutting beer has a bend in the middle, so that it is convenient to hang it on the edge of the glass.
- Pour the first layer of beer into the beer glass, moredense in consistency. Do this on the wall of the glass, so as not to cause the formation of a large amount of foam (its layer should be no more than 2 centimeters). Expect about 30-60 seconds, until our first layer "calms down."
- Next - on the inverted spoon, substitutedin the middle of the glass at the top, pour the second beer - a thin trickle. Foam from the previous layer should soften the drop of the jet, preventing further mixing process. When the second layer of beer is lined up by 3-5 centimeters, the pour is already much bolder and faster. And you can finish the process even without a spoon with a certain skill.
That's how you can make a cut beer. The recipe is very simple, although it requires skill and attention.
And now, at last, a few secrets from bartenders:
- For the lower layer, the beer is cooled more strongly than for the warmer, upper. Then it's definitely more cold beer will stay on the bottom.
- The second layer of beer can begin to spread with a spoon from the foam, previously shaking. Spread a few centimeters, and then already pour. Result: guaranteed separation of layers.
- It is tasty to drink such a drink through a tube (please your friends)! You can move the device from layer to layer, feeling a new taste.