Dry eyes: causes, symptoms, prevention
Simple preventive measures will help to prevent complications:
- Conscious blinking. Using a computer, tablet, phone, TV, we forget to blink after a certain period of time. Encourage yourself to control this process, you can attach a reminder note in a prominent place or set a pop-up image on the screen.
- Charging: slam your eyelashes with increased speed, close your eyes, make rotational movements, strongly squeeze the eyelids for 10-20 seconds.
- Relaxation. Take your eyes off the monitor every half hour and transfer it to distant objects for at least 30 seconds. At lunchtime, try to find time to sit with your eyes closed for 15 minutes.
- Position the monitor 10–20 cm below eye level and at least 0.5 m from your face.
- Avoid aggressive environment. Wear goggles in the wind, use a humidifier during the heating season, try to stay in smoky rooms and under a stream of air from an air conditioner or fan less often, wipe dust regularly and clean.Airing the rooms, as well as installing an aquarium in them, helps to humidify the air.
- Do not wear long contact lenses. Having signs of dry eyes, it is better to refuse them.