Energy Engineer. Job responsibilities Profession description
The profession of a power engineer is a position in which a person monitors the work of complex electrical appliances and networks. Such a profession has become popular with the advent of electricity as such.
A bit of history
The first energy worker can be considered a person who was able to open and curb electricity - Thomas Edison. The first electric station he created in the 80s of the 19th century was a mass of various devices, complex structures and purposes that required constant monitoring and control. It was at this moment that the need for qualified personnel capable of exercising control appeared. Today, electricity is one of the main elements of the comfortable existence of mankind, so now the power engineer is one of the most sought-after professions.
Profession description Energy
The profession of power engineering is one of the most dangerous activities, because it is associated with the operation of high-voltage devices and networks, and this threatens to cause an electric shock.
Power engineers have two skill levels, the first is a simple specialist, and the second is an energy engineer.
A simple specialist is a person who has a secondary education in this field, has been working in his position for no more than 5 years and has not yet received advanced training. An energy engineer is a person who has a higher education and work experience of more than 3 years. He has a bit more responsibilities, and that is what interests us.
Power Engineer: Responsibilities
People in this profession have a large list of duties, here are some of them:
- It ensures continuous uninterrupted operation of the power equipment of heat and electric networks, as well as controls the correctness of their operation, repairs and conducts equipment upgrades.
- Conducts control over the consumption of fuel and energy resources in the enterprise. Finds justification for the modernization of equipment, the development of energy saving systems and their modernization.
- Conducts control over the condition of the equipment, and also draws up requests for the purchase of materials, additional equipment and spare parts, with justification of their need. Participates in the development of norms of consumption, mode of operation of the enterprise, focusing on energy consumption.
- Participates in testing and acceptance of installed power equipment, considers the causes of accidents and seeks to reduce the number of malfunctions and create safe working conditions, by developing measures to prevent breakdowns.
- Makes graphs of electricity consumption and loads on the power grid. Conducts control over the state of environmental, electrical and power plants installed at the enterprise.
- Checks the state of energy-protective systems and automation, develops a set of measures to prevent accidents.
- Supervises and supervises the measuring devices used in the enterprise. If this is a heat-and-power engineering company, it is also obliged to prepare boilers operating under pressure, monitor the condition of the hot water and steam pipelines, and prepare equipment for inspection by state control bodies.
- Supervises the observance of the equipment work technique and instructions for their use and maintenance.
- Participates in the development of standards for the enterprise for power equipment.
- Prepares a package of documents for the conclusion of contracts with third parties for various works and services.
- Supervises the implementation of the overhaul of equipment.
- Introduces the experience of foreign and more developed organizations into the work of the enterprise, studies the reporting for the development of new working methods.
- Performs instructions from his immediate supervisor, usually the chief power engineer.
- Prepares reports on the standards established at the enterprise.
This is not the whole list of what an energy engineer should perform at the enterprise. The responsibilities of this specialist are difficult to define with any framework.
Knowledge, which should have an energy
Profession requires professionals to have some knowledge in the field of energy. To fulfill his duties correctly, he must know:
- Orders, decrees, orders and other regulations on the operation of power equipment.
- The order of the organization of energy management.
- Rules of work with energy equipment, its design, design features and mode of operation.
- Technology performance repair equipment.
- Rules for drafting applications for the supply of energy resources, equipment, spare parts, tools and materials.
- Methods of repair, installation and adjustment of power equipment.
- Fundamentals of economics and management in the enterprise.
- Some issues of labor law, the basics of work organization, labor protection rules.
Summary. Energy Engineer
Resume for finding a job in the position of energy engineer is drawn up in the same form as any other, it is necessary to specify everything that is necessary to obtain the desired position. To begin with, it is necessary to mention the education received, it must necessarily be higher, otherwise one cannot count on getting a position as an energy engineer. Further, it is necessary to mention all the information about previous jobs, positions held, duties that were performed previously. It may be:
- reading electrical and hydraulic circuits;
- the ability to maintain energy equipment;
- installation, commissioning and control over the state of electrical installations.
You can also indicate organizational skills and other information that may be of interest to the future head of the company in order to obtain the position of power engineer. Responsibilities that you performed earlier in previous companies are the main criteria that you rely on when choosing a future employee, so try to reflect all the most important data.
Like any worker, an energy engineer must not only fulfill his duties, but also has the right to:
- Acquainted with the decisions and other acts of the head about the activities performed by him.
- Make suggestions for improving the work of the enterprise within its range of activities.
- To inform the manager, within his competence, about all the shortcomings of the enterprise’s work and to make proposals for their elimination or improvement of the enterprise’s activity.
- Request, within the framework of its competence, or on behalf of the immediate supervisor, the necessary documents.
- Express your demands to management about the need to assist in the performance of their duties.
This information fully reflects the characteristics of the activities and labor regulation of such an employee as an energy engineer. This instruction is not mandatory, but it can be used to compile a list of the rights and obligations of an employee in an enterprise.