Gestosis. What is this disease?
Gestosis: what is this pathology? This disease that occurs during pregnancy, provoked by the pathological development of the fetal egg. It is characterized by such symptoms:
- nausea, vomiting;
- spasm of blood vessels (which leads to hypoxia of the fetus and tissues of the mother);
- high level of protein in the urine;
- high blood pressure (due to excess renin level, which is intensively produced by renal vessels due to spasms);
- pain in the abdomen, a sharp increase in weight.
Gestosis ... What is dangerous can thisdisease? About 20% of pregnant women suffer from this complication. A pathology of this kind is a risk to the life and health of the fetus and the mother. Statistics say that about 25% of maternal mortality occurs precisely because of this pathology. The etiology of the onset of the disease is still a mystery for medicine, and it is impossible to insure against it. But there is no doubt that the fact that such a painful condition of women is due only to pregnancy. Since after the birth all signs of an illness disappear.
Of course, there are scientific hypotheses of the emergencegestosis, but they are not generally accepted. Many believe that the possible causes of its occurrence are genetic predisposition, the reaction of the mother's immune system (the placenta develops incorrectly, and the body recognizes it as a foreign object), the pathology of the endothelium (the ball of cells that cover the inner walls of the vessels), the intake of drugs with vasoactive substances.
Gestosis. What is this disease, and how to get rid of it?
It is impossible to cure gestosis, since its nature is unknown. You can only alleviate the symptoms and help the mother to deliver the child.
The development of this pathology begins withdisastrous spasms of blood vessels of the mother, which disrupt blood circulation and disrupt the metabolism in the placenta, which does not allow the fetus to develop normally. The child receives less oxygen (due to the fact that the arteries of the mother under the influence of spasms become narrow), which causes hypoxia of the fetus, can provoke the death of the cells of the organs and the brain. Gestosis provokes death of erythrocytes, high content of enzymes in the liver, which can cause cirrhosis, poor blood coagulability. As a rule, gestosis is diagnosed after the 20th week of pregnancy.
Gestosis. What are the degrees of gestosis?
They manifest themselves in different clinical forms:
- easy (the most vivid symptom is vomiting (about 5 times within 24 hours), the remaining parameters are normal);
- average (vomiting observed about 10 times, severe weight loss, tachycardia, the presence of acetone, protein in the urine);
- severe (vomiting is observed more than 10 times, weight loss reaches 5 kg in 7 days, acute form of tachycardia, dehydration).
Second pregnancy: gestosis
No one can guarantee that during the secondpregnancy gestosis will appear again, and no one will claim that you are protected from it. In any case, observe the right diet (plus salt should be excluded from it), visit your doctor on time, take the tests on time, and then, if the danger arises, you will have the time and the opportunity to avoid it.