How to connect lights?
There are times when an accident may occur due to the standard headlights of a car. Not always they can illuminate the road well in front of the car, they are hampered by torrential rains, fog, snowfall. In such a situation, it is worth thinking about collision avoidance and installing halogen or fog lamps, which will serve as an additional source of light.
If you still do not know how to connect the lights, do not worry. Let's first define the materials that will be needed for this:
- the lights themselves
- two fuses
- on relay,
- pads for relays and fuses,
- power button,
- a set of screwdrivers and keys,
- heat-shrink tubing,
- insulating tape,
- pads-clips in order to connect the wires in the open circuit.
How to connect extra lights
- First, select the headlights. Market autos offer a wide range of products, but if you have standard headlight mounts in your car, you better buy them. Do not forget to clarify whether there is a certificate of compliance with GOST in this set of headlights.To avoid buying relays, fuses and wiring separately, make sure they are included.
- Now that you have everything you need, you can proceed directly to the installation of headlights. If the bumper has a regular place, install headlights on them. In case of their absence, it is necessary to install the headlights in accordance with the Technical Regulations, the purpose of which is the safety of vehicles and wheeled vehicles.
Now you need to conduct wiring from the headlights. Take one wire from each headlight and screw them to any place you like on the body. The remaining wires (there will be two of them) should be placed in a corrugated plastic. Along the standard wiring and up to the engine compartment partition, stretch this corrugation, having previously secured it with plastic clamps. Wires get closer to the fuse box and the relay in the car.
- The next stage - work in the cabin. See if there are sockets for fuses and relays. Connect the headlight wires through the two fuses separately. To the output at number 86 of the relay, you need to connect the outputs from the fuses, which are previously connected to one. To the body of the car, connect the output at number 87.To the designation “+” we connect the number 85. “+” is either a battery wire or “+” of contact No. 85.
- Finally, install a button to turn on new headlights. Remove the plug from the front panel, if it has space for buttons, for free work with wires. The buttons have an indicator light and outputs that enable the display, they need to be connected to the wiring from the other buttons, connect the positive control contact in parallel. Output # 2 from the control contact of the button connect to output # 30. Fix in place the wiring, turn on the ignition. All is ready!
How to connect fog lights
Materials: fog lights, relay with block, wires, black electrical tape, screwdriver, side cutter, block with fuse 15-20A, clamps, corrugation, drill.
- Fasten the headlights in the bumper in special niches. Each headlight has a wire "+" and "-". One of them attach to the body, the other two - to the relay, inserted into the block. Relay pull under the torpedo in the cabin, and the wires from it to the button on / off headlights.
- Wires lay in the corrugation and stretch to the standard wiring clamps.
Hopefully, the article was able to help figure out how to properly connect the fog lights.