How to cook rice porridge?
Rice porridge is one of the most delicious and healthy dishes that is prepared in every family. Yes, it is quite simple, but after such a meal a person quickly charges with energy. Therefore, porridge is always recommended to eat for breakfast in order to give your body strength at the very beginning of the working day.
The benefits of rice
Rice groats contain large amounts of proteins and complex carbohydrates, as well as minerals (potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, sodium). It is indispensable for those who follow the diet.
Rice is a good adsorbent, that is, it has the ability to absorb toxic substances and remove them from the human body. Some use porridge for hangover, as well as for removing salts from the joints.
Basics of cooking
There are several principles of how to cook rice porridge. For each dish there is a certain variety of rice. For cooking porridge, you must choose a round variety. It is best suited for this dish, since when cooked, such grits become viscous and sticky.
Rice porridge can be cooked with vegetable or meat broth, milk or just water. If it is served as a sweet dish, then various dried fruits, sliced apples, nuts and a piece of butter are put in it.
About how much to cook rice porridge in time, everyone has their own opinion. Basically, the croup is allowed to boil in a boiling state for ten to fifteen minutes, and then the fire decreases. Then the porridge languishes under the lid. Here you need to look at the "eye".
Recipe for rice porridge with pumpkin
Favorite gourmet. It is especially useful to prepare in the cold season, when the body receives few vitamins. In addition, she charges everyone with a good mood. Here is best suited pumpkin with brightly colored pulp.
Ingredients for cooking porridge:
- rice (300 g);
- pumpkin (300 g);
- one and a half liters of water (for those who love nourishing cereals, water can be replaced with cream);
- vanilla and cinnamon.
- Rice fall asleep in boiling water.
- Separately cook pumpkin sliced in pieces for five minutes.
- To the pumpkin, then shift the rice and add sugar.
- At the very end of cooking, add a little vanilla, cinnamon and a piece of butter.
Porridge with dried fruits
Next, we will tell you how to boil rice porridge with dried fruit.This porridge can feed all the sweet teeth in the family. Dried fruits choose to taste, nuts are pre-cleaned from the shell and finely crumbled.
- 1 cup rice;
- raisins, prunes, dried apricots (each of about 50 g);
- butter (100 g);
- one-third cup of nuts;
- honey (1 tablespoon);
- Boil rice on water in a 1: 2 ratio for ten minutes.
- Cover with a lid and let it sweat a little more. It should be crumbly.
- Dried fruits wash. The largest fruits cut into pieces of different size and arbitrary shape.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and pour dried fruit into it.
- After a couple of minutes, add honey and pour two cups of boiling water.
- Boil the mixture for ten minutes. Ready rice spread out on plates and pour the sweet sauce on top.
Before cooking rice is recommended to sort, get rid of foreign debris and spoiled grains. Before cooking rice porridge in water, the grits should be washed well. First, it is washed in warm water to remove excess starch, and then in hot.
There are many options for making delicious rice porridge.You can add strawberries, prunes, lemon and mint. It can be cooked with vegetables or meat, then you get a very satisfying and flavorful dish.