How to fill the rink?
If you have already got down to business, then learn how to fill up a skating rink, according to the instructions “on the preparation and pouring ice on the courtyard sports grounds”, which is recommended by the Moscow Department of Physical Culture and Sports. In this way, all the major rollers of the country are poured, but it is also recommended for privately-owned small rollers.
Before you start pouring the roller, you need to carefully prepare the base. To do this, roll the snow in such a way that you can walk along it without falling. The thickness of the base should be at least 5 cm. On platforms without sides around the perimeter, make a low parapet with a height of about 15-20 cm. In order to roll the snow, you can use an ordinary hand garden roller. You can, of course, unite the family together, but the procedure will be very long.
- It is permissible to carry out ice casting at an air temperature not exceeding 4-5 degrees frost, since if the temperature is higher even by a degree, the process of freezing of water will stretch for almost a whole day.
- It is preferable to pour through a fire hydrant.It is necessary to use rubberized fire hoses, as well as a special fire barrel with a spray.
- The sprayer is necessary to ensure that the structure of the ice is uniform, if it is poured with a continuous jet - layered ice is formed, which dries out more when riding.
- If a sprayer is not used, then when the frost is from 14 degrees, the following effect is obtained: when a stream leaks, the water from above freezes, forming a crust of ice, and under the crust the water spreads, which leads to the formation of voids. Because of this effect, voids are formed, and the top layer will crack and fall.
How to fill the rink correctly
- no significant puddles are deposited
- take a break for a couple of hours
- when the layer freezes, spray the next
- Make sure that the hoses do not lie on the ice for a long time, as the ice will quickly melt under them.
- So pour in the ice during a snowfall, otherwise the ice will turn out to be hilly.
- Clean ice from snow before each cast.
- Fill the ice correctly both clockwise and against. It is necessary to fill in a circle, back to the wind.
Long-term operation of the roller
Every first time a layer of ice should be at least 10-15 cm. Ice can be smoothed out if there is hot water. To do this, pour boiling water on a rag and move the mop over the ice. Before each new filling it is necessary to eliminate large pits. For this gruel of snow and water we smear cuts and pits. When these places are frozen, you can trim them with a scraper and begin to re-fill the rink.
Always follow these guidelines when casting ice rinks, even if you plan to use the rink for family entertainment. This is a guarantee that the ice field will serve you the whole season, you will spend less time and money for his departure and avoid injuries on the ice.