How to remove the Webalta search engine from the browser settings
Very often in the process of installing programs,downloaded via the Internet, the notification system starts to give out unusual messages about changing the settings of the browser. Often, users do not pay attention to them and very soon forget about them. However, then they are very surprised when after the next login they have a Webalta system instead of the usual interface on their home page.This very malicious program hits ourcomputer virus, it can not be removed by standard paths. Typically, such developments are spyware, that is, when they are introduced into the system, they collect information about the owner and send it to the developer.
Webalta was launched in 2005, initiallyit was developed as a normal search server. While once launched sites such as Mail and Qip, but the project implementation of Webalta on the market of Russian Internet technologies has failed. Then the developers went not very legitimate ways and reconfigured the program for installation on users' computers without their consent.
From the above, it becomes quite understandable the desire of Internet users to quickly remove this application from their computer.However, during installation, it is deeply prescribed inregistry and system folders, and in order to completely remove the Webalta search engine and its components from the hard drive, you will need certain knowledge and skills. But to eliminate it all the same is real.
This article will be devoted to how to removesearch engine Webalta from the browser settings. All actions will take no more than 15-20 minutes, you should strictly follow the order of their co-ordination, and then you will permanently get rid of the intrusive service.
So, a brief guide to how to remove the Webalta search engine:
1. Close all active browser windows.
2. Now you need to remove the program from the system registry entries. To do this, press Win + R, type regedit in the line, then OK. Before you remove the search engine Webalta, you need to create a copy of the registry to avoid the possible removal of the necessary files. In the search for the content, type "Webalta" and delete all the results that were given to us by the system. This procedure can be done several times.
3. We go after this in the "Control Panel" ("Start" - "Control Panel"), in the management of installed programs, the item "Remove Programs and Components." We need something similar to the Webalta Toolbar, we delete it.
4. In order to remove the Webalta search engine from our computer, you must delete all folders and files created by it. To do this, in the search, type the name and delete all the objects containing it.
5. It is necessary to move all the shortcuts of browsers from the "desktop" and from all panels to the trash as the virus is prescribed in them. You can restore them through Program Files.
6. How to remove the search engine Webalta from the browser settings: in App Data / Mozilla / Firefox we look for the folder user.js, in it we delete all records containing a mention of Webalta. Then in the same tree we find the folder prefs.js, record user_pref (www.webalta.ru we replace with Google or Yandex).
If you are using Opera, in the system file Winows / System 32 we are looking for the component operaprefs_fixed.ini, also click "Delete".
7. Restart the computer.
8. After power-on, start the browser, open the settings and in the "Address of the home page" we write down the required one. Done.