How to solder soldering iron correctly?
Watch the video
The ability to solder is an occupation that cancome in handy at any time. Very good, if the owner or hostess in the house have this skill. In any case, how to properly solder a soldering iron, many must know.
To get started, except for such qualities as patience, sleight of hand and desire, you need to have such tools:
- soldering iron - when buying it is important to pay attention to the power of the device, if the power is small, then such a soldering iron is designed for miniature chips and parts;
- stand for soldering iron - when the soldering iron works, its temperature can be about 300 degrees, so for such a heated device you need a stand;
- solder. This alloy includes low-melting metals, such as cadmium, lead or tin;
- flux is a substance that protects against oxidation. It is necessary, since it helps the solder to adhere well to the place of adhesion;
- small tools such as nippers, tweezers, files and a medical scalpel.
In addition, you may also need a very convenient and useful device called a digital tester, with which you can check the voltage.
Learning to Solder
- If you just bought a soldering iron, then itsfirst you need to delude and imprison. To do this, you need to include it in the network. There is one small feature: usually when the first switch on, the grease burns out and the smell of burnt is felt, but it's not too scary. When the appliance has warmed up, the working surface must be cleaned with a file. To the sting made of copper, not oxidized, you need to quickly drop it into rosin and then immediately - into the solder.
- It is worth noting that if you purchased a soldering iron not from copper, but from cermets, then there is no need to conduct such processes. You can simply clean it with a damp sponge.
- If you notice that on your soldering iron the copper rod burns out, then the procedure described above should be carried out regularly.
- It is important to ensure that those surfaces,which need to be soldered, did not have any coatings, such as varnish or oxidants. If there is such, then they need to be cleaned, using a scalpel, sandpaper or a filter.
- Now we apply flux to the soldering site with the help ofbrushes. We take in hand a soldering iron, we collect some solder and solder surfaces. If you do not get as beautifully and qualitatively as the professionals, you should not get upset, because usually for the first time not many people are perfect. Although the soldering process is quite simple, you still need to learn this and, as they say, "get your hand".
- To heat transfer was more effective, the stingThe soldering iron should be applied with the whole blade. The soldering process must be fast. If the first time to solder well failed, you need to allow time for the details to cool down, and then resume the process again.
- To determine how well accomplishedsoldering, you need to pay attention to the solder itself. It should lie flat and thin, and the layer should shine. Also, in such a place, there should be no cracks or incrustations.