How to take Mifepristone?
For abortion in modern conditions, different methods and means are used. One of the most painless and safe is taking the appropriate pills. If you are carefully weighed and decided to have an abortion with pills, you should consult your gynecologist: a specialist will examine you and prescribe the most appropriate medicine. You can learn more about various drugs at https://pharm-expert.info/.
One of the popular tools for abortion are the tablets "Mifepriston". They have a yellow color, sometimes - a greenish tint. Sold in plastic cans or packs of three or six pieces. The composition contains the same active substance and the following components: potato starch, cellulose, magnesium stearate, carboxymethyl starch, polyvinylpyrrolidone.
Where to buy medicine?
You can buy mifepristone in regular pharmacies and online stores. The drug is sold in the range of 1000-5000 rubles, and to be sure of the quality of the purchased pills, remember the following points:
- The official name in the pharmacy - Mifepriston 72. Sometimes they can ask for a prescription from a gynecologist.
- To buy online, choose a proven website with good consultants. You will be asked about the availability of a prescription, it will suffice to say that you have it. After ordering the courier will deliver the medicine to you. It is better to avoid questionable private drug ads, as well as options at a very low cost - these pills are quite expensive.
- Among the disadvantages of buying via the Internet are the following: the medicine can be easily purchased in large cities, it is much more difficult if you live in a small city.
How is Mifepristone taken?
The drug is taken only in a medical institution under the supervision of a specialist.To terminate a pregnancy, a woman is prescribed one intake of 200 mg by a doctor. Tablets washed down with 0.5 glass of water. It is allowed to eat loose for 1-1.5 hours before going to the doctor. After taking the medication, a specialist observes the condition of the woman for two hours. After 36-48 hours after taking Mifepristone, you need to return to the medical facility and take Misoprostol - 400 micrograms.This is necessary to confirm the abortion. If there is no effect for two weeks (pregnancy continues or abortion is incomplete), vacuum aspiration is performed and the next aspirate study.
In addition to abortion, this medicine is used in full-term pregnancy to stimulate childbirth: one tablet (200 mg) once a day. The next day, the same dose is prescribed. After 2-3 days, assess the patient's condition. If necessary, prescribe prostaglandins or “Oxytocin”. How quickly and successfully labor begins depends on the condition of the woman: they usually begin 10 hours after taking the medicine.
Indications for use
1. Interruption of uterine pregnancy for a nine-week period in the absence of menstruation for 63 days. The drug is combined with prostaglandins.
2. To improve the effect of prostaglandins when interrupted for a period of 13-22 weeks.
3. To expand the cervix before interrupting a pregnancy surgically (up to 12 weeks).
4. To stimulate natural childbirth in the event of fetal death in the second or third trimester.
Contraindications to medication
This medication has a number of general contraindications:
- Renal, adrenal or hepatic impairment (chronic or acute form);
- Uterine fibroids;
- Genital inflammation;
- Severe anemia;
- Impaired hemostasis;
- Long-term treatment of GCS;
- Excessive sensitivity to the components of the drug;
- Extragenital pathology;
- The habit of constantly and a lot of smoking - for patients over 35 years.
Abortion contraindications are as follows:
- Lack of confirmation of pregnancy;
- Suspected ectopic pregnancy;
- The gestation period exceeds 42 days of amenorrhea;
- In the case of pregnancy, which appeared after the abandonment of hormonal contraceptives or in the case of the use of intrauterine devices against conception;
- Premature or post-term pregnancy;
- Eclampsia and preeclampsia;
- Heavy farm preeclampsia;
- The fetus is abnormal;
- The head of the fetus does not match the size of the female pelvis;
- Incomprehensible discharge of blood from the genitals during pregnancy.
The drug is taken with caution by patients who suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, as well as arrhythmias, heart failure, asthma, arterial hypertension.