How to uninstall the program?
Most novice users do not know,how to remove the program from your computer correctly. Experienced PC users are shocked by the situation with the program folders moved to the trash. "I deleted!" - Proudly exclaims the user, but he is deeply mistaken. Today, we will look in detail at reliable and correct ways how to uninstall the Windows program.
So, what to do when you decide to correctly remove the program from your computer? Follow the algorithm, of course!
- Call the Start menu, start "Control Panel".
- In the opened window we search for the item "Programs and components" (for users of Windows XP - "Add or Remove Programs").
- A window appears that contains a list of all installed programs and games on your computer.
- We look for the necessary program in the list, select it with a single click of the left mouse button.
- Click on the "Delete" icon at the top of the window.
- If you need confirmation, click "Yes" or "OK".
The system built-in means will completely remove the program from the computer.
What to do if the program is not deleted
Of course, the above method, how to uninstall the program, is not bad. But he has disadvantages, and they are as follows:
- Low-quality and incomplete display of the list of installed programs;
- Superficial approach to removal.
At first we will not dwell, everything is obvious, there are programs that simply do not appear in the default list.
Superficial approach to removal. We meant that not the whole program is deleted. Indeed, the system will delete the directory and all files belonging to the program. But very rare uninstallers provide for the possibility of removing the "garbage" accumulated after work in the form of numerous registry entries and temporary files, shadow copies and other things. Moreover, many programs intentionally leave behind these files and records for different purposes:
- Convenient program settings for the next installation;
- The interference in the work of competing software products;
- Sending reports to the server of the company-developer.
We are interested in how to completely remove the program from your computer and smooth all the consequences of its activities. We will do it closely!
Do not you delete the program? How to delete, do not know? Without panic, everything is simple. Follow the algorithm!
We will help the freeware program Revo Uninstaller. Download this excellent program directly from its developers website: download Revo Uninstaller.
- Download and install the program to uninstall Revo Uninstaller.
- Run the program.
- You will immediately see a window with installed programs. Select the program you want to remove.
- Click "Delete". Do not confuse with "Delete item".
- To confirm the deletion, give an affirmative answer.
- In the next window you will be offered several options for uninstalling the program. Select "Advanced" and click "Next".
- If the program has a built-in uninstaller, it will start. Click the delete confirmation or skip the error message that pops up. Click the "Next" button.
- The system will be scanned for the remaining "garbage" files and registry entries. Click "Delete", if any.
- At the end of this uncomplicated procedure for removing programs, it's absolutely necessary to click "Finish". Top of logic =)
After doing these simple manipulations, you can be 100% sure that you managed to fulfill your task. For example, how to remove a program to download.
Remote Software Removal
Users wondering howRemotely remove the program, should be prepared for the fact that the matter is not easy. On the other hand, such a question is unlikely to arise in the beginner. So, let's start deleting the program remotely!
We will use the built-in Windows tools to remotely remove programs. Specifically, WMI.
- Press the Win + R key. In the line, type "cmd.exe" without quotes and click "OK".
- In the command line, type the following: wmic.
- Now you need to find out which programs are installed on the remote computer. Type: node: (COMPUTER NAME) product get name - press Enter.
- We get the list of programs. For example, you will see WinRar in the list and want to delete it.
- You must enter the following: node: PcName product where name = "WinRar" call uninstall.
- At the request to remove the program, we answer - Y.
You will be informed of the results of the removal fromadditional parameters. Uninstalling the program was successful! Also, the TeamViewer program will help you remotely delete an unnecessary program on another computer.
Today we learned many new ways how to uninstall the program. If you are wondering how to uninstall the Trojan, then our article "How to remove the virus?" Will be useful to you.