Is bronchitis contagious?
All of us involuntarily think about "infectiousness"infections, when someone from the surrounding coughs, sneezes. We are worried at such moments for our health and we are sorting out in the head what the sneezing and coughing person can infect - flu, ARVI or other disease. Many people know about such a disease as bronchitis. Is bronchitis contagious?
In translation from Latin - "inflammation of the bronchus." If a person has a severe cough, the doctor can diagnose "acute bronchitis." As a rule, it arises suddenly and the disease can be cured within 2 weeks. And if coughing attacks are accompanied by wheezing, behind the chest can be heard wheezing, it is more likely that it is obstructive bronchitis.
Possibility to infect others with bronchitis, but depends on the cause of the factor that caused it.
Causes of the disease
If the cause is viral, for example, the influenza virus, thenyou can get bronchitis from a person who has fallen ill. Here the main transmission path is airborne (coughing, sneezing). That's why it is important to follow the precautions.
Prevention of diseases
- always ventilate the premises;
- wash hands after each visit to public places;
- lubricate the nose with oxolin ointment, especially during infection;
- wear protective masks.
Bronchitis may occur in cases of autoimmuneprocesses, allergic reactions, inhaled harmful substances. For example, bronchitis in bronchial asthma. In this case, bronchitis is not transmitted to others, because autoimmune and allergic reactions are subject to individual flow.
Bronchitis is contagious or not?
If your family has smokers and you have children, then be attentive to the health of the crumbs. Inhalation of tobacco smoke by a child (passive smoking) promotes the appearance of bronchitis.
Chronic bronchitis (or recurrent),repeated several times during 1 season, may occur due to inflammation and irritation of the bronchi by inhaled substances, often tobacco smoke. An important factor is air pollution, cold, wet weather, obesity, repeated respiratory infections caused by infection.
In chronic bronchitis, a cough is permanent or recurrent with phlegm. Sputum is usually whitish or gray, rales in the lungs may persist for a long time.
Recommendations for recovery
- take your prescribed medicines; do not engage in self-medication, because "acute" bronchitis and obstructive bronchitis are treated differently;
- try to lead a healthy lifestyle;
- eat natural foods;
- exercise, watch your posture, as a good posture can make breathing more effective;
- it is better to carry out inhalations through the nebulizer-no more than 2-3 inhalations a day, so that the bronchi "opened", the sputum is gone;
- give up smoking;
- remember that bronchitis is dangerous because it can provoke the development of asthma.
- Bronchitis is contagious or not? Bronchitis is a disease that can not cause bronchitis in others, but has a predisposition to transmit the pathogen to others.