Is it possible to freeze mushrooms?
You do not know yet whether it is possible to freeze mushroomswinter? The answer is unanimous - of course you can! And it can be done with any edible species. Most often, white, oily, chanterelles, mushrooms, podberezoviki and boletus are used for freezing.
We suggest to understand how to freeze the mushrooms.
- We use only freshly cutmushrooms, well, as a last resort, yesterday. The rest will not be suitable for this. We make sure that the mushrooms are dense, then the shape will be preserved after defrosting.
- We carefully scan to prevent the ingress of worms.
- Sorted, washed and dried on a towel.
- We lay out one layer on the pallet and put it in the freezer. For better results, we include a quick freeze. The optimum temperature is -23, -24 degrees.
- After full frost, we pour the mushrooms into plastic bags and store them in the freezer at a temperature of -18 degrees. With this method, your mushrooms can be stored for a year.
Before freezing, you can cut the mushrooms intoplates 3-4 mm thick. Thus, you will carefully check them for the presence of mushroom worms and significantly save space in the freezer (chopped mushrooms take up less space). Tip: use the stainless steel knife to cut the mushrooms when they are not dark.
Freezing mushrooms will give you the opportunity to cookin winter, delicious dishes, such as: mushroom soup, mushroom roe, stew with mushrooms, julienne, or just mushroom pizza. Please note that when the fungi is thawed, numerous microorganisms begin to be active in them, not all of which can be useful to humans. Therefore, we throw the mushrooms directly in frozen form into boiling water or into a frying pan. But if you still need to defrost them, put the mushrooms in the usual cold store for about 5 hours. After such a defrost, they will be just like that from the forest. Mistresses are well aware that it is possible to freeze mushrooms not only fresh, but also boiled, fried and stewed. Practice in your culinary skills and make delicious mushrooms your whole family.