Magic wand for young magicians - a small master class
In whatever country and in what times magic stories about evil and good sorcerers are made up, a magic wand has always been one of their main attributes. With its help, wishes were made and various miracles were performed. Belief in her miraculous power and the ability to solve any problems with its help makes her dream of her today. And the most interesting thing is that adults and children alike would not refuse to have it. The immortal fairy from the tale of Cinderella and the young modern wizard Harry Potter sought justice and punished evil with the help of a magic wand. How often it is not enough in our life to fight injustice!
Beginning of work
So, maybe we will fantasize, and the magic wand, made with our own hands, will give the children strength and fulfill some of their dreams? Let's get started
You will need:
- 6 pcs. sushi or bamboo sticks;
- 2 sheets of A4 format (or similar in size) of beautiful dense metallized cardboard;
- glue gun;
- thin (0.5-1 cm.) satin beautiful ribbon of such length, which is enough to wrap a stick and have another 30 cm margin;
- thin satin ribbons (0.5-1 cm) of several colors for decoration;
- decorative colored feathers;
- bright beads or sequins;
It is worth remembering the main thing
The magic wand is needed by both the young wizard and the charming fairy, so we will make 2 wands.
1. First make a star pattern for the wand. To do this, draw it on each sheet of decorative cardboard.
2. The next stage - we collect skewers or chopsticks for sushi together for 3 pieces. With the help of a glue gun, we join them together to make the construction stronger.
3. When the construction is glued together, take the decorative tape and tightly wrap the stick with it, periodically gluing the tape to the base. One option is to do this: when the wand is completely wrapped, the excess tape is cut off. And in the second - the excess tape (approximately 25 cm) is left, and the rest is cut off. Then glue to the base another 3-4 of the same pieces, but of a different color.
4. We strengthen the star on the stick where the excess tape was cut. We do it like this. We take one star pattern, lay it face down on the table and spread it with glue.On top of it we place the second blank of the star on the inside, which we also coat with glue. Both parts are well pressed together, but we leave room for gluing inside the sticks.
5. Between the stars carefully glue the decorated stick.
6. Decorate the star with sparkles and beads, sticking them with glue. The magic wand for the young wizard is ready.
Let's talk about young wizards
And for the charming fairy we will make a slightly different option. Remember we left the second blank with long ribbons?
1. We take this stick and in a circle we apply decorative feathers, pasting them with a pistol to the places where the ribbons are connected.
2. And now we wind up the joints of the whole structure with a beautifully decorative tape and glue its edge, thus hiding all the flaws and strengthening the base.
3. When everything is ready, take the scissors, open them and sharply hold the sharp edge on the stretched sticking tapes. They will curl and look even more beautiful.
Here and for the fairy the magic wand is ready.
When young wizards will conjure, the sound of the magic wand can be done by resorting to a little trick.Write down pre-suitable music (it is easy to find it on the Internet) on your phone. And during the performance - turn it on. You will get the absolute effect of magic. Children will be delighted!