Overview of the 7 most popular sorbents for cleaning the body
The final products of metabolism and harmful substances entering the human body are accumulated in cells and tissues in the form of slags and toxins. Sorbents for cleaning the body contribute to their effective removal.
What are sorbents?
Sorbents are preparations on a synthetic or natural basis, capable of absorbing poisonous and harmful compounds and excreting them naturally through the digestive tract.
They are used to treat food and chemical poisoning, allergic reactions, to maintain the functioning of the liver, gastrointestinal tract, and kidneys.
Pectins and cellulose contained in fruits and vegetables have similar properties, but they are not capable of coping with severe poisonings.
The mechanism of action of sorbing drugs
Experts identify 4 groups of mechanisms that provide the sorbing function of pharmaceuticals.
- Absorption in the intestine of toxic substances, potential allergens, pathogenic microorganisms.
- Normalization of digestion due to changes in the concentration in the gastrointestinal tract of enzymes that contribute to the fight against harmful substances.
- Increased excretion of toxic compounds from the tissues and internal organs into the intestinal cavity, followed by removal from the body.
- Stimulation of metabolism, contributing to the natural cleaning of internal organs.
Indications for use
The scope of sorption means is extensive and has no strictly established indications. Most often they are prescribed in the following cases:
- disorders of the liver and kidneys, when the internal systems no longer cope with slags;
- dysbiosis and changes in metabolic processes;
- all types of allergic reactions;
- intoxication due to alcohol, drugs, narcotic or toxic substances;
- food poisoning;
- infectious diseases of the digestive system;
- bronchial asthma and atopic dermatitis.
Varieties of sorbents
Sorbents for cleaning the body are distinguished by the method of absorption:
- absorbents - react with toxic components, forming one compound;
- adsorbents - attract toxins to their surface due to the large absorption area;
- chemical agents - act through chemical interaction with pectins;
- ionites - work on the principle of substitution, replacing harmful ions with safe ones.
Preparations sorbents are classified according to the form of release - powder, tablets, granules, capsules, suspensions, suspensions, pastes.
By origin, they are divided into natural, synthetic and semi-synthetic. The most active are agents of synthetic origin, but complex drugs have a wider range of action.
The most popular sorbents
Medicinal adsorbents, drugs and their names are indicated by the doctor after collecting a thorough history of the patient and conducting diagnostic procedures. At home, the means can only be used as an ambulance. Each of the drugs has its own spectrum of action and effectively copes with a specific medical problem.
Adsorbent substance of animal or vegetable origin, previously purified from impurities. Coal is able to absorb alkaloids, sulfonamides, hydrocyanic acid, natural and chemical toxins, heavy metal salts, hypnotic medicines, acids and alkalis.
Effective drug dyspeptic disorders, salmonellosis, dysentery, hepatitis, asthma, chronic cholecystitis and cirrhosis. It is used during the preparation for endoscopic diagnosis - it is able to effectively remove accumulations of gases.
Produced in the form of tablets, granules, powder and paste.To enhance the sorbing properties of activated charcoal in tablets is recommended to grind.
A drug of natural origin with absorbent and antidiarrheal properties. The main active ingredient is dioctahedral smectite, supplemented with auxiliary components - sweeteners and flavors.
Smecta is available in a powder of a grayish-yellow hue. Before use, the powder should be diluted in half a glass of water and mixed vigorously until a suspension is formed.
Indications for use Smekta are intestinal disorders in the form of chronic, acute or infectious diarrhea, dyspeptic syndrome, accompanied by abdominal distention, heartburn, heaviness.
Polysorb is an anti-toxic drug that is colloidal silicon dioxide. Dry powder of white color is packed into disposable hermetic bags and cans, diluted immediately before taking pure non-carbonated water.
Polysorb is prescribed for poisoning with any kind of poison, alcohol and any food, acute infections and other diseases involving diarrhea. It demonstrates good results in the treatment of allergic reactions, dysbacteriosis, renal and hepatic failure.
The active substance of the drug-enterosorbent is lignin, which is obtained by the method of hydrolysis of coniferous tree wood.
This sorbent for effective cleaning of the intestines neutralizes almost all toxic substances entering the digestive tract. It lowers cholesterol, bilirubin and urea, removes ammonia, radioactive isotopes and allergens. Positive effect on the intestinal microflora, strengthens the immune system at the cellular level.
Polyphepan can be taken in the form of tablets, granules and powder one hour before meals. Studies have shown that the drug based on lignin is 5-10 times more effective than activated carbon against pathogenic bacteria.
Enterosorbent gel or paste-like structure in the form of a molecular sponge. It actively absorbs poisons and antigens, neutralizing their toxic effects on the human body.It consists of polymethylsiloxane polyhydrate and purified water as an auxiliary substance.
The drug removes excess cholesterol and bilirubin from the blood, helps with drug and food poisoning, intestinal infections, improves the functioning of the digestive organs, kidneys and liver, stabilizes immune responses.
Filtrum - a drug of natural origin, which effectively eliminates constipation and dysbiosis, normalizes the bowels and stomach. In its composition there is a proven sorbent hydrolyzed lignin, which is compacted into convenient tablets for use - Filtrum STI. The same preparation, produced in the form of lozenges, is called Filtrum-Safari, it is used in pediatric practice.
Prescribed medication for the treatment of poisoning with dysenteric bacilli, salmonella, drugs, alcohol. He successfully fights against the consequences of inflammatory diseases of viral and bacterial nature.
Laktofiltrum is a combined pharmaceutical preparation combining the properties of prebiotic and sorbent. Sorbents bind poisons and slags on their surface, and the prebiotic lactulose promotes the growth of healthy microflora in the intestines. The double action of the drug helps to strengthen the immune system, cleansing tissues and cells, eliminating the signs of allergies and dysbiosis.
Forms of release - dark brown pills. Suitable for the treatment of adults and children.
Other sorbents are on sale - the list of modern drugs can be supplemented with such means:
- Karbolen, Sorbeks - made on the basis of activated carbon;
- Neosmectin, Diosmectite - Smecta drug analogues;
- Atoxyl - contains in the composition of the salt of silicon;
- White coal is a bioadditive based on silicon and microcrystalline cellulose;
- Polifan - natural enterosorbent, containing lignin;
- Chitosan - derived from chitin, which acts as a natural magnet for excess fats, salts and toxins;
- Pectovit - it contains pectin, lactose and fructose, which have detoxifying properties.
The best sorbents for children
Children's sorbing substances are used at the first signs of poisoning, infectious diseases, to combat the signs of allergies and diathesis. Some sorbents for children are issued in the form of sweet lozenges and suspensions, which make taking the medicine pleasant (Filter-Safari, Smecta).
Safe for young patients are such drugs:
- Polysorb MT.
These medicines can be prescribed to children of any age, they are not practically absorbed in the digestive tract and do not have a general effect on the body.
Contraindications and possible adverse reactions
The action of all sorbents is aimed at alleviating the patient's condition, however, experts do not recommend abusing them and self-medicating.
Sorbents for cleaning the body can not be used for:
- increased sensitivity to the ingredients that make up the medicament;
- ulcerative disease of the intestine and stomach;
- bleeding of the digestive tract;
- intestinal obstruction;
- tendency to constipation and reduced intestinal motility;
- erosive gastritis.
Patients with diabetes are not recommended to use drugs that include sweeteners. With care appoint sorbents to pregnant women.
With prolonged use, sorbent drugs can cause constipation, dyspeptic disorders, worsen nutrient absorption and accelerate the excretion of vitamins.
Useful tips and tricks
To enterosorbent acted as effectively as possible, you must follow the rules of admission:
- the calculation of the drug is carried out in accordance with the patient's body weight - 0.2-1 g per 1 kg of weight;
- the daily dose recommended by the doctor is divided into 3-4 times;
- the preparation is washed down with a large amount of water;
- allergies combine sorbents with vitamin complexes, after a week the consumption of sorbents is gradually reduced up to complete abolition;
- other medicines are taken two hours after the use of sorbents;
- to reduce the absorption of alcohol detox-drug is taken 25 minutes before the feast;
- for prophylactic purposes, the use of absorbing and adsorbing agents lasts from one week to ten days.
A large assortment of modern sorbing drugs allows you to successfully deal with various pathologies, strengthen the body's defenses and improve the health of allergy sufferers. But any disease involves a professional integrated approach, so enterosorbents alone can not do it without visiting a doctor in most cases.