Peony Karl Rosenfeld: description and breeding
Peony Carl Rosenfeld is amazingly beautifula flower and it is not rare at all. He appeared in China, where they are decorated with a national emblem. In general, in China and in Japan the peony is very much appreciated, often the image of this flower is decorated with fabrics. Despite the fact that the peony was bred in the south, it is quite unpretentious and grows poorly only in the Far North.
Peony Carl Rosenfeld. Description
This flower refers to peony grassy, terry. Differs abundant flowering, because of what he is considered the real king of the front garden.
The peony Karl Rosenfeld grows in a sprawling bush,height about 1 meter. The leaves are light green, shiny, flowers large and mostly terry. The color of the petals varies from rich ruby to violet red. The size of the petals is large, with a beautiful wavy bend.
This variety of pions is characterized by a sweet aroma, but not suffocating, but light. According to the terms of flowering, the peony of Karl Rosenfeld is considered the middle.
Peony reproduction and planting
This peony multiplies in many ways:
- with the help of seeds (in this case, it will bloom only after 5 years);
- by dividing the bush (usually blooms for 3 years, at best 2);
- But the most preferred and reliable way is multiplication by means of chunks.
After planting, the peony grows long in one place -from 10 to 25 years. The adult bush should be excavated and divided into small parts, which have 2-3 living kidneys. In order to prevent the flowers from falling ill, the sections must be treated with a steep solution of potassium permanganate. Also suitable for treatment are antifungal drugs or zelenok. Some gardeners are sprinkled with ashes or charcoal.
When planting it is necessary to observe the following rules:
- You need to separate the bush in August.
- Peony Karl Rosenfeld, like other varieties of peonies, loves sunny and not raw places.
- The pit must be of a certain size - 50x50 cm, depth 60 cm.
- If several bushes are planted at once, the distance between them should be approximately 1 meter.
- Planting pit is fertilized with humus or compost and a small amount of phosphorus fertilizer.
- The most important thing when planting chicken: the kidneys should be at ground level. When the ground settles, the kidneys should not be located deeper than 2-3 cm, otherwise the peony will not bloom. This error is very common among gardeners and lovers, when it is done, peony for many years can grow and not bloom.
- After planting, the pion needs abundant watering.
Care of peonies
In the care of special conditions, this variety does not require,as well as other peonies. Landing and maintenance in the open ground is not at all complicated. He likes regular watering, especially when the future flower buds are laid (around August-September). At this time, one bush requires at least 10 liters of water per day.
Peony Karl Rosenfeldtop dressing. The first time it needs to be fed early in the spring, when only the snow falls. Nitrogen fertilizers are suitable for this. Before and during flowering, he also needs additional fertilizing. Here you can use mineral fertilizers or manure infusion. After the peony blossoms, it must be supplemented with superphosphate and potash fertilizers.
At the first flowering on a bush it is necessary to leaveonly one bud, the rest removed. If the bush is old enough and there are many buds, then small side buds need to be removed. This is done so that the main flowers are larger. If the side buds leave, then the bloom will last longer.
Diseases and pests
The most common and dangerous problem for pions is ants. They are carriers of fungal diseases and can slow down flowering. Ants can be removed with the help of insecticides.
The most common diseases for pions are rust, gray mold and mold. Of pests, the most dangerous are mites, thrips and aphids.
Thus, caring for the pioneer Karl Rosenfeld is easy, and its varietal features undoubtedly will please the eye of any gardener.