Psychology of business communication for modern business
To achieve the desired result, you need to know, the psychology of business communication is first and foremost the art of communication. Whoever owns this art is more successful. In this respect, the formula is simple.
However, how can this knowledge help in practice?Here everything is simpler: like any skill, business communication can also be developed. This is primarily communication, information exchange between two or more parties. This information is of great importance first of all for the negotiators, which means that those who own the subject of the conversation, as well as know how to present information and their point of view, will be able to achieve success in the negotiations.
In this regard, the psychology of business negotiations becomes a separate subject of study, many experts even hire professionals who help in business negotiations.
What is the psychology of business communication?
In a simplified sense, this is the ability to submit oneself,build your communication with people, the ability to arrange them. This skill is extremely important in life. People who have them can achieve success in life and in their careers. Whereas a person who has difficulty coming into contact will constantly experience difficulties in solving their own problems, in dealing with colleagues and business partners.
Nevertheless, the psychology of business communication studiesall these questions, she argues that one natural talent is not enough, great importance still has education, competence, professionalism. This means that business communication and negotiation need to learn, gain experience and apply it.
In the modern world the situation has developed so thatsimple communication remained yesterday, now business communication is already a science that is constantly being studied and improved. It mixes with other sciences, which also bring something new, helping to better understand the issue. So, in fact, the psychology of business communication is by no means confined to psychology alone, although it is of paramount importance.
Characteristics of communication and mechanisms of influence on the interlocutor
First, you need to know that communication is divided intotwo types: verbal and non-verbal. Verbal communication is directly that which occurs with the help of words, the one to which we are all accustomed. Much more interest is caused by non-verbal communication - the language of gestures, poses, etc. He can say a lot about the interlocutor, as well as give information about you.
With non-verbal communication, facial expressions, gestures,postures, gestures, which are perceived in the process of communication. When studying verbal communication, great attention is paid to paralinguistics and prosody - these are the features of pronunciation, timbre of voice, rhythm and other details.
All this in general helps to obtain additionalinformation about your interlocutor, on the basis of which you can make decisions and offer the interlocutor arguments to which he will listen. This often builds the psychology of negotiation, especially among experienced managers.
General rules of negotiations
Based on the available information, it is possible to compile a small list of rules that are better taken into account during communication.
- First, you need to think in advance the topics of conversations, as well as those questions that you want to discuss. In doing so, you need to already have your own opinion on each issue and determine your position.
- Secondly, do not try to please your interlocutor, because communication should be unobtrusive.
- During the conversation, you must observe visual contact. Many people experience discomfort, if the interlocutor does not look at them.
- The pose is very important. Bound and closed man causes little confidence, the interlocutor will assume that he is hiding something.
- It is necessary to follow and verbal communication.Their proposals need to be clearly structured, not to allow confusion and illogicality. Instead of the word "I" it is better to use the expression "You do not think that ...". You do not need to clog your speech with complex words, as studies show, people prefer simpler and more understandable expressions, even if all people are competent in this matter.
Their these rules and is the psychology of business communication, knowing they can already achieve results.