Salad Olivier - recipe classic and refined
Undoubtedly, if we ask our fellow citizens whatthe family will eat the dish at the festive table, the first on the list will be Olivier. With sausage or meat, with chicken or beef - any varieties of this, you can say national, dishes, despite the prohibitions of nutritionists, invariably remain in the arsenal of housewives. How to cook Olivier Salad?
Who cooked Olivier first?
Lucien Olivier, chef, famous restaurateur and owner of the restaurant "Hermitage" in the 1860s invented and prepared a new dish, which he called "Mayonnaise from game". What was it like?
On the plate were boiled pork filletand grouse, black caviar, tongue, cervical collars and cubes of chicken jelly with "Provencal" sauce. All this splendor in the center was decorated with a slide of boiled potatoes with quail eggs and capers. In addition, fresh cucumbers and soya paste were served.
To the chagrin of the French chef, the Russiansvisitors mercilessly mixed the dish. They destroyed the design, but they opened a new process and got a famous hash. The next day the Frenchman with disdain mixed all the ingredients and just poured all the mayonnaise. The success was stunning!
Since then, many decades passed, during which the salad olivier changed a lot.
Historic recipe Frenchman Olivier nobodyopened, and the composition of this salad was restored according to the recollections of the regulars of the Hermitage. But it is for certain that the French chef first invented the "Provencal" sauce, and then the olive salad. The recipe is classic for this sauce preserved and it can be done at home. In order to taste a delicacy, whisk in the mixer 2 yolks. A glass of olive oil is poured into this container. Add a drop of lemon juice (half a teaspoon), salt and white pepper (a teaspoonful). Add Dijon mustard (a tablespoon). Mix all the ingredients together until a homogeneous, gentle consistency.
Home-made sauce mayonnaise "Provansal" is ready, you can start cooking your favorite salad olivier. Recipe for "Classic Salad Olivier"
• Boil potatoes in uniforms (4 pcs.), One carrot, eggs (6 pcs.). Cool and cut everything into cubes.
• If you like olive with sausage, thentake 600 g of boiled sausage and cut it into cubes of medium size. Sausage can be replaced with boiled meat, ham, boiled chicken or other poultry meat, tongue and even boiled fish. You can also combine several types of meat and sausages at once - there is a lot of space for imagination.
• Pickled cucumbers (about 2-3 pieces) cut into small cubes.
• Cut onions (1 small onion) finely and scald with boiling water.
• Pour one can of green peas into a container, after draining the liquid.
• Mix and season with mayonnaise, pepper and season with salt if necessary.
• Put into a salad bowl and sprinkle with chopped greens.
Tips for cooking
Of great importance is the mixing of the components of the salad olivier, the recipe, the classical version of which is given above, stipulates the following nuances.
• Most components of salad salted originally, so salt olive should be only after mixing and dressing with mayonnaise. It is possible that you will not have to salt at all.
• Do not stir the salad before all the ingredients are not lying in the salad bowl, so that some components are not wrinkled or lost their shape.
• Potatoes should be cooked only in a uniform - then the pieces will get the right shape.
• After filling, lettuce olivier should be infused at room temperature for about an hour, and only then it can be put in the refrigerator.
• To the onions do not interrupt the taste of other products, it must be given with boiling water.
It is interesting that our salad with French saladThe name in the West is called "Russian salad". But, one way or another, people love salad olivier. The recipe is classic, exotic or dietary - it does not matter, Olivier is cooked with pleasure all over the world.