Savior Church in the village of Ubyba
I have long wanted to go to Ubory, look at the Savior Church - an outstanding example of the Moscow Baroque style. The dream came true, and we went to the Apparel.
It is believed that Jacob Bukhvostov was the architect of the Savior the Church. The one who is credited with the most beautiful churches of Moscow in the style of "Naryshkin baroque".
1. Among them is a surprisingly elegant church in the birthplace of the Naryshkins Troitsky-Lykov. This temple was built by the same artel as the Savior Church in the Ugory - Mikhail Timofeev, Mitrofan Semenov, headed by Jacob Bukhvostov. Construction was completed in 1703. The temple stands on the steep wooded bank of the Moskva River and, like the church in the Ubirokh, has a low basement in the form of a terrace-gulburcha.
2. The Church of the Savior in the village of Ubory was built in the same period - in 1697. The history of the construction of the temple and the architectural ideas that the architect did not manage to fully embody, can be judged by the "case" that arose between the customer P.V. Sheremetev and builder.Bukhvostov pledged to complete the construction of the church with a large amount of white-stone carving work in two construction seasons, but did not meet this deadline due to the frequent absence from work in Ryazan, where the Assumption Cathedral was being built.
3. A “court case” was launched against Bukhvostov. The architect was "put in a well chamber for jail." But, understanding that further persecution of the master could finally disrupt the construction of the temple in Uborpax, Sheremetev agreed to the world one.
4. For 300 years already, the Church of the Savior has stood far from busy roads, at the top of a gentle hill, and its slender silhouette hovers over the whole neighborhood. The rich white stone decoration on the background of red-brick walls gives the church a festive picturesqueness.
5. The Church of the Savior is a multi-tiered church "under the ring", has a petal plan. On the lower tier (stretched vertically quadrangular), with lowered semicircles of the vestibules and the altar, are based on diminishing octagon. Completed building miniature head. This four-tiered volume is set on a high stylobate, repeating the undulating plan of the building, and turned into a circular gallery with the help of low parapets.
6The facade of the church is decorated with white stone platbands and twisted columns with capitals.
7. All carved details, among which especially distinguished in shape are the platbands of octagonal windows, project against the background of terracotta walls. Bulk stone carving is more like stucco.
8. Ribbons of flower garlands wrapped around the trunks of columns, the graceful plastic of plant motifs of white-stone inserts of the parapet-gulbishcha follow the rhythms of the surrounding nature.
9. The Savior Church harmoniously combines the traditions of Russian white-stone architecture and innovations of Western European architecture. Magnificent complex on drawing platbands of windows and a frame of portals.
11. For such temples in the style of Naryshkinsky baroque, in general, decorativeness and brightness are characteristic, the color range is the contrast in the combination of red walls and white carved details.
12. The West European baroque tendencies are felt in the magnificent decoration. They are especially tangible in the parapet fly, filled with bas-relief motifs of abundance (grape clusters, overseas fruits and flowers).
13. The traditional baroque semi-columns here separated from the plane of the walls, and completely decorated with either concave leaves with drops of dew,or entwined with flower garlands. Immediately next to the characteristic for national architecture are hanging weights and carved scallops.
16. Around beautiful well-groomed area, and not a soul - peace and grace.
17. Inside the temple produces the same holistic impression as the outside. The architect managed to overcome the massiveness of the walls of the building by expanding the arches and giving them pointed outlines. This united the porches with the central part of the temple, visually expanding the entire inner space.
18. During the Patriotic War of 1812, the French army passed through the Ubory. The French destroyed the temple, and until 1836 the church stood in disrepair. In 1840, Nikolai Timofeevich Dobrolyubov became the head of the Spassky Church, and then his descendants, until 1938. In 1842, the manor's house was broken, and the cupolas were demolished at the four aisles of the temple and the decoration details of the lower tier of the temple. At the same time, apparently, the main dome was also demolished, since the existing dome does not correspond to the size of the temple. The request of 1849 to allow the repair of the temple, the replacement of window covers and the renewal of icons has been preserved. The temple subsequently operated until the end of the 1930s.
nineteen.In 1938, a one-of-a-kind iconostasis was sawed into pieces and burned. Bell bells, cast from pure silver, dropped and taken to the smelting. Only the large candlestick, which now stands at the icon of the Apostles Peter and Paul, has been preserved. The temple was empty for many years, then hay was stored in it. Returned to the church in the summer of 1995. Architects M. Pustovalov and A. A. Anisimov were engaged in the restoration of the temple.
20. Now flowers bloom here, green shrubs and trees.
25. These are new buildings on the economic territory of the temple.
26. To this area the passage is closed.
28. The football field near the temple is overgrown with “tryn-grass”.
30. The village of Ubory is located on the old road from Moscow to the Savvino-Storozhevsky Monastery and is located 26 km from Moscow.
31. There are about one hundred courtyards in the Apparels. In summer, summer residents live in almost all of them, and in winter everything is empty.