Symptoms of gastric erosion, treatment and prevention. Erosion of the stomach: treatment of folk remedies
According to statistics, almost 15% of all people who came to examine the gastrointestinal tract, found erosion of the stomach. Treatment directly depends on the type of erosion, the patient's age, the neglect of the situation.
What is erosion?
Stress, infectious diseases, poor-quality food can not pass without a trace. There are defects in the mucous membrane of the stomach, which eventually turn into erosion.In fact, these are small (from 0.3 to 1.5 mm in diameter) wounds. They do not damage the muscular part of the organ as it happens in the case of an ulcer. Erosion can occur in different parts of the stomach. They are usually round or oval.
Although erosions of the stomach (their treatment occurs under the supervision of doctors) and are not allocated as a separate disease, they still have quite clear symptoms. They can be divided into separate groups:
- discomfort after eating;
- the so-called “hungry pains”, which are particularly pronounced in the evening and at night;
- dyskinesia (disorder of the gallbladder and its ducts);
- aversion to food (sometimes);
- brittle nails, hair.
2. Hemorrhagic - appear in more complex and neglected cases when the wounds start to bleed:
- vomiting with blood;
- dark feces that resemble coffee grounds (the result of bleeding);
- decreased hemoglobin levels, and in the worst case, anemia;
- weakness, constant fatigue.
The pain can be of different intensity and largely depends on the location of the lesion. Erosion of the antrum of the stomach (treatment should be started immediately) causes severe pain in the middle of the abdomen and near the navel. With the defeat of the body of the stomach, the pain is localized in the left hypochondrium.
Unfortunately, medicine cannot give an unambiguous answer to the question of why gastric erosion does occur, the treatment of which takes so long. Most scientists agree that, due to some factors, oxygen starvation may occur in the digestive system. As a result, problems begin in some parts of the stomach.Leukocytes are collected in the damaged areas, and hydrochloric acid is produced in larger quantities. So there are erosions of the stomach.Treatment depends on the extent of the lesion. The factors that most affect the development of erosion include:
- unhealthy food - spicy, hot or too heavy for digestion food;
- taking medications that adversely affect the functioning of the stomach (for example, "Aspirin");
- pancreatitis, renal failure;
- chronic diseases of the respiratory system;
- stress, constant nervous tension;
- the use of alcohol and carbonated drinks, strong tea;
- infectious diseases;
- food poisoning.
The theory of the negative impact of the microorganisms Helicobacter pylori is gaining increasing recognition. Although this scientific idea has not yet been fully proven, the results of the study confirmed the fact that 90% of patients who show erosion of the stomach (treatment with folk remedies did not help them) are carriers of this bacterium.
Varieties of erosion
Not all gastric wounds are the same in size, type, causes, and duration of existence. That is why, according to certain criteria, erosion of the stomach is classified.Their treatment largely depends on the definition of the species. According to the system of division V. Vodolagin, emit:
Depending on the duration of the disease allocate:
- acute erosion;
The first is characterized by its multiplicity, has a round or oval shape and is located, as a rule, at the bottom of the body. Its dimensions are quite small - from 0.2 to 0.4 mm. About 10 days, in the worst case - 8 weeks, there is this erosion of the stomach. Treatment of folk remedies helps to get rid of it in a short time. The second - chronic - erosion is localized mainly in the antrum. The wounds resemble octopus suckers and reach 0.5 mm. Such formations can exist up to 5 years.
Accurate and complete information about the presence of erosion, their number, type, location provides such a diagnostic method as endoscopic examination. Using a thin hose with a camera and a flashlight at the end, the gastroenterologist gets an image on the monitor. Although the procedure is extremely unpleasant, but it is very short in time (only a few minutes).To make sure that the diagnosis is correct, doctors often suggest that the patient should have a stool test (to detect latent bleeding) and a complete blood count (for anemia).In cases where there is a suspicion of gastric cancer, methods such as biopsy, colonoscopy, ultrasound and tomography are used.
Getting rid of erosion is not so easy. The treatment involves several stages.
- The detected cause must be eliminated. In the case when a patient is detected Helicobacter Pylori, it is impossible to do without antibiotics. The main drugs for the treatment of gastric erosion in this case are Amoxicillin, Levofloxacin, De-nol, and Tetracycline.
- Restore the function of the body is possible only after normalization of the acidity of the stomach. Antacids will help to resolve this issue, in particular Rennie products, magnesium hydroxide, Almagel, Maalox, etc.
- You should also take care of the restoration of the mucous membrane, which was damaged by acute erosion of the stomach. The treatment occurs with the use of the medications Trental and Iberogast.
- Improve digestion will help additional enzymes. The medications Mezim and Digestal proved to be excellent.
- Help to relieve pain means "No-spa", "Papaverin."
Folk treatment of gastric erosion is very effective, especially if the ailment is not neglected.Remove the main symptoms due to the infusion of herbs such as chamomile, yarrow, St. John's wort and celandine. All of these plants are mixed in equal proportions and poured boiling water. After 30-35 minutes, you can filter this infusion and use it as tea. You can brew and celandine itself. Thanks to him, the erosion of the stomach heals faster. Treatment of folk remedies also involves the use of propolis. It is better to take a teaspoon in the morning. This natural product not only restores the mucous membrane, but also enhances immunity. Not bad proved and such methods:
- A decoction of calamus root. Cooking does not take much time - it takes only 15 minutes. To do this, chop the dry root and pour boiling water over it, put it on the fire and cook for about 15 minutes. Allow the liquid to cool and take 50 ml before meals.
- The wounds heal well, if half an hour before lunch and dinner take 1 tsp. sea buckthorn oil.
- The infusion of immortelle will also be useful. Dried leaves of the plant should not be boiled, just pour hot water and let it brew (just like ordinary tea does). Take the liquid to half an hour before meals.
Proper nutrition requires erosion of the stomach. Drug treatment does not help at all if a person constantly consumes fatty, spicy food. The basic principle of nutrition in this case is no chemical, mechanical, thermal stimuli. This means that in any case it is impossible to consume radishes, garlic, fried foods, canned foods, undiluted juice, soda, coffee, meat broths, muesli, bran bread. You can replace all this with dairy products that contribute to the restoration of the mucous. You should also enter into the diet soups, jelly, boiled meat, eggs. It is necessary to eat slowly, in small portions, but often.
If you wish, you can prevent the occurrence of most diseases. Erosion of the stomach can also be warned. Treatment of folk remedies is not needed if you follow a few simple tips:
- 30 minutes before a meal, you should drink 150-250 ml of plain water. This will help the stomach to "wake up" and get involved in the work.
- Prevent the appearance of wounds will help green apples. Within one month they need to consume on an empty stomach, then you can continue at bedtime.
- As a preventive measure, olive oil is used. 1 tbsp.spoon before a meal - and no problems with the stomach.
- Honey brings many benefits to the body. It should take 1-2 tsp. from the morning and evening on an empty stomach. True, you need to drink honey with warm water or tea.
- Prevent the occurrence of gastric erosion will help fresh cabbage juice. It should be fresh and warm. One-time rate - half a cup. Take on an empty stomach.
Summing up, it should be said that gastric erosion is a difficult problem. Treatment, a diet that is attributed by doctors, must be followed very responsibly. Otherwise, peptic ulcer may occur.