The best fiction of 2013-2014: a full list of films
Science fiction as a genre of cinema allows filmmakers to apply their unrestrained fantasy in its most incredible directions and the most daring manifestations. The best fiction shows the viewer the excellent work of directors, their inventions.
Spectacular and spectacular
Watching fantastic films is always exciting and interesting, as their plot takes the beholder into any era of the past, the future, offers an alternative story or even reality. Traditionally, in such films, the characters fall into the most incredible, amazing situations. The best fiction favorably differs by the absence of any restrictions for the ideas of creators and their implementation on the screen. Modern achievements of scientific and technical progress, technologies and computer graphics allow making pictures of this genre spectacular, bright and spectacular.
The best for ages
The best fiction has always been and will be in demand by the viewer. According to the preference of moviegoers and the popularity of motion pictures, the following list was compiled, which includes the most spectacular science fiction films.In the entire history of cinema, many authors have released pictures that are still considered cult and reference, such as: "The Invisible Man" (1933), "Solaris" (1972), "Journey to the Moon" (1902), "Day, when the Earth stopped "(1951)," Godzilla "(1954)," Space Odyssey "(1968).
80s - new wave
In the 1980s, film companies, impressed and inspired by the success of Star Wars, began to actively create a new wave of fantastic motion pictures. The emergence of specialists in the development of special effects made the application of their experience by directors and innovators real. So there were the epic sequels of Star Wars, the lyrical fantasy drama Alien (1982), the extraordinary futuristic thriller Blade Runner (1982) and other classic films: Predator (1987), The Abyss (1989) "Back to the Future" (1985), "Aliens" (1986), "Terminator" (1984). Until now, these films are proud title "Best Movies". Science fiction as a genre of cinema continues to evolve.
The 90s were marked by the development of new trends in science fiction - neo-Gothic and cyberpunk. On the paintings relating to neo-gothic, many film fans say that this is the best fiction.The sophisticated craftsmanship of artists and operators created on the screen a new aesthetic space, which was detrimental to noir and asceticism. More vivid representatives of the picture were: "Dracula" (1992), "Interview with the Vampire" (1994), "Frankenstein" (1994) and "Sleepy Hollow" (1999). Nevertheless, traditional trends and subgenres were not going to give up their positions. Thanks to this, the world saw: "Independence Day" (1996), "Cube" (1997), "The Fifth Element" (1997), "Jurassic Park" (1993), "Recall All" (1990).
Cyberpunk and virtuality
After the release of the movie "Johnny Mnemonic" (1995), which is considered a significant milestone in genre cinema, there are pictures in the style of cyberpunk, which can also claim to be the best among the fantastic: "The Matrix" (1999), "Tron" ), "Fountain" (2006), "Minority Opinion" (2002), "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (2004) and others.
As it becomes clear from the above, the best fiction of 2013 had fertile ground for its development. Fantastic films released during this period remain quasi-scientific. Sometimes there are so-called offshoots of fairy tales. More and more fantasy in the plot is closely intertwined with cool action and adventure, horror.Film fiction based on the comic book adaptation is being developed as a separate branch. The best in their time period are the films: "Iron Man 3", "Man of Steel", "Pacific Border 3D", "Oblivion", "War of Z Worlds", "Wolverine: Immortal 3D", "Dark Skies", "Phantom patrol / ripd. " The best fiction of 2014 continued the emerging trend.
Merry fantasy comic and not only
Every year the number of science fiction films is growing exponentially, but still the lion's share continues to be the adaptation of comics, and the true sci-fi films are similar to the white crows on the general background of funny and vivid comic fiction. The best fiction of 2014 is presented in this article by the most vivid and “watchable” films:
- "Edge of the Future." The film clearly does not belong to the category of films that offer pure entertainment. This is an ideal example of science fiction for the mass audience, demonstrating both dizzying special effects and unrestrained action.
- "Guardians of the Galaxy". The picture is generously crammed with impressive special effects, the work of artists is chic,ideally matched music, karkalomnye action scenes, charismatic characters, a lot of funny moments and quite ingenious, almost Tarantinov's dialogues.
- "X-Men: Days of Future Past." The film, named the most vigorous and intelligent kinokomiksom year. In the movie, a tedious scuffle is reduced to a minimum, but the budget allocated for special effects is spent with impressive chic.
- "The First Avenger: Another War." The film is an impressive vociferous continuation of the cycle about superheroes and is a real Hollywood blockbuster in its best traditions.
- "Planet of the Apes: A Revolution." The continuation of the promising franchise about the irreconcilable conflict of mankind and primates has become a quality political thriller, somewhat prolonged, but with outstanding action scenes.
- "Superiority". The picture turned out to be a real gift for an erudite and demanding audience. Fans of entertaining fiction philosophical reflections on the competition of the human mind and artificial intelligence for viewing not lure.
- Interstellar. This is an inspirational film.A magnificent example of modern science fiction cinema, it is at the same time intelligent, soulful and entertaining - in a word - a grandiose one.
- "Lucy". High-speed and technical, with the same naive futuristic thriller-thriller, who criticize film critics and enjoy watching the audience.
- "Divergent". A motion picture is not at all extinguished by unflattering comparisons with the youth “Hunger Games” and claims to become a new teen movie bestseller.
- "Transformers: The Age of Extermination." The continuation of the well-known cyber-epic won from the change of the main character - the fourth series was a success and was recognized as the most chic of the shot cycle.
- "Running in the maze." A promising adventure fantasy thriller with an unpredictable plot development, a well-built structure, which has done excellently without the three-fold love pattern for youth pictures.
- “The Hunger Games: Mockingbird. Part I ". The picture is a prelude to the lively final part of the popular franchise. There are no deadly competitions in it as such, but the dynamism and visual component do not suffer from this at all.
- "Insurer".This film can rather be called a sad dystopia of category B than a soulless studio blockbuster, although the traditional skirmishes closer to the final are still present.
Here are the main contenders for success in the category "Best films of 2014". Science fiction, as it becomes clear, has pushed other filmmakers into the background.