The struggle of the Chinese authorities and the owners of old houses
The highway in Wenlin, in the Chinese province of Zhejiang, is wide, well asphalted and its construction is almost completed. Nearly. Except for the fact that right in the center of the new road is a five-storey house. When the Chinese authorities decided to build a highway on the site of this house, its owners, Lo Baogen, and his wife were offered to move out, offering compensation for the move. But the couple found the compensation too small and refused to move. The authorities still built a highway - right around the house.
See also issues -In cramped and not mad, let's look at China
(7 photos total)
1. A husband and wife occupy only one room, since all their neighbors have moved out.Their room is in good condition, there is electricity in the house, but other rooms, such as the kitchen, have already been half destroyed. (REUTERS / China Daily)
2. Now demolish private homes without the consent of the owner is prohibited. And this led to a series of incidents in China, where old strange houses remain right in the middle of construction projects, new roads or new areas. Such houses are often called "nails", comparing them with old rusty nails, which are not so easy to pull out of the boards. (REUTERS / China Daily)
3. The owner of the house looks at the highway that grew up around his windows in Wenlin, in the Chinese province of Zhejiang. (REUTERS / China Daily)
4. The photographs show a house that has become a kind of symbol of the protection of private owners of their homes from the monetary interests of the authorities. The top photo shows Yang Wu's house in 2004. Young refused to sell it, then the construction company simply dug a huge hole around the house for a future project. Young broke into the construction site, somehow climbed into his house and erected a Chinese flag on its roof. In the photo below: the same place, only without Yang's house. In 2007, this "house-nail" still demolished. (ROBERT SAIGET / AFP / Getty Images)
5. "House-nail" in 3000 sq.m. - The last building standing on the construction site, prepared for the construction of a new residential area of apartment buildings in Hefei.The owner refused to leave due to disagreements in compensation. (REUTERS / Stringer / Files)
6. In these photos we see the demolition of the "house-nail" in Guangzhou on January 8, 2008. The owners of the house filed a lawsuit against the construction company for offering too little compensation, but they lost the case. In the end, they had to agree on what is. The house was demolished, and high-rise apartment buildings will be built on this site. (REUTERS / Joe Tan)
7. Another “nail house” stands in the center of the construction site, which will soon be built up with new apartment buildings, in Chongqing. The owners try to get more compensation before they give permission to demolish the house. (REUTERS / China Daily)
We remind you that Bigpicture.ru is in, , , ,and Subscribe to RSS can be.