We study the rules of playing backgammon
Backgammon is a game in which 2 people participate. For her, you must have a special board, divided into two parts, checkers and cubes (bones). The goal of the game is to go through the checkers circle on the board. To do this, throw the bones, which drop points, and depending on the dropped points move the checkers on the playing field.
People play backgammon for about 5,000 years. This game has come to us from the East a long time ago, and at various times the popularity of this type of leisure activities has constantly changed, experiencing then ups and downs. In the Middle Ages, backgammon was very popular and was called a trick-track. The rules of playing backgammon (long) remained virtually unchanged, but the rules of the game in short backgammon Edmond Hoyle established in 1743. Today they are very popular among Russians and residents of the CIS countries, they love this game in Iran, Syria, Turkey and Israel. Regularly between the fans of this game all sorts of tournaments and competitions are held.
The rules for playing backgammon are defined by the following subjects:
- rectangular board with 24 points of 12 on each side. The item is a triangle with a base on the side;
- house are called 6 points in a row, located in one of the corners of the board;
- the board is divided in half by a vertical line, called a bar;
- Each player owns 15 pieces of the same color;
- in the game use one pair of dice (zarov).
Rules for playing backgammon (long and short):
- each player walks one by one;
- checkers are circling, and each player has his own direction of movement;
- First, the right of the first move is played with the help of a roll of bones. Starts with the one who has the number more. With an equal count, the bones are thrown;
- each turn begins with a roll of bones on one loose side of the bar. If the bones are outside the bar or on the checker, or have risen unevenly, a second throw must be made;
- one checker can be made from one to four moves;
- if the points dropped on the bones are not allowed to make a move on your checker or an empty cell, the move is lost;
- in case it is impossible to use the number of points of both bones, it is necessary to use more points of the same bone;
- When all checkers are in the "house", then the next moves they are derived from the "house".
The rules for playing backgammon are determined by the initialthe arrangement of the checkers on the board. The one who brought the first checkers out of the "house" becomes the winner. The option of "tie" in backgammon is completely excluded. The winner is always determined in the final. For winning the winner can get up to 4 points.
The rules of playing long backgammon are mostly composed ofof the above items. In addition, you can not put your checker on the checker of another player; You can move any number of checkers; glasses on the bones are not stackable; if there are no permissible moves on the bones, the move is skipped, since it is not allowed to build an impenetrable barrier. In addition, the rules of playing long backgammon are that players must move the checkers in one direction one after the other counter-clockwise. The game takes place at a previously determined bet, which is given for the points won. The situation when a player does not have time to take off his checkers, while the second player has already done this, is called "Mars". In this case, the rate doubles.
The rules for playing short backgammon have the following differences:
- checkers move towards each other;
- in short backgammon you can beat out the checkers of another player;
- The position with which the game begins is more complex;
- "Home" of the player occupy 6 and 1 positions and the "yard" of the player - 12 and 7, and his opponent - 19 and 24, 13 and 18.
The rules of playing short backgammon are alsothat the checkers are arranged in such a way: the player has 2 checkers at the point 24, 5 - in the point 13, 3 - in the 8th and 5 checkers at the point number 6. The opponent has checkers opposite. Perhaps you will also like this fascinating entertainment, especially since the rules of playing backgammon are simple.