What to cook beef? Beef with potatoes. Delicious beef with vegetables
Every housewife periodically asks the question: what to cook beef, so that it is tasty, quickly and economically. This article describes a few step-by-step from this meat: from simple for every day to holiday options.
What to cook beef: options for a note
This type of meat is combined with almost any product, the main thing is to be able to choose the right ingredients and follow the instructions, because each dish requires its own cooking technology, degree of heat treatment or other effects on the product. The vast majority of recipes with beef use in their arsenal baking, boiling or roasting, although there are dishes (usually Eastern cuisine), when raw meat is only pickled and served in this form.
More classic cooking ideas are the well-known:
- Pasta with boiled beef or in a naval manner: meat is ground using a meat grinder, fried with spices and onions in a pan and mixed with boiled flour products. Simple, satisfying and fast. Many single men prefer this way to use pasta and other dough products close to them.
- All the usual burgers, chops and zrazy in places of public catering are most often prepared from beef meat: inexpensive, provided well-chosen spices and accompanying ingredients are quite tasty and compatible with numerous side dishes.
- Lyulya-kebab - the well-known skewers on skewers, fried on the grill, are also made from beef.
- Numerous variations of beef with gravy of the most varied composition in combination with a simple side dish of potatoes, porridge or spaghetti are quite frequent guests on the tables of many family people. This meat is perfectly compatible with both tomato sauces and sour cream, as well as spicy with mustard, mushrooms, honey and cherry plum.
- Beef with vegetables is another affordable dish, with cooking options of more than fifty, and these are just the most common recipes.
This dish is more than 150 years old, and despite the French name (Bœuf Stroganoff), it has absolutely Russian roots: it is named after Count Stroganov. According to one of the versions, the cook of the aged count invented this dish in order to make it easier for the master to chew him, and considering that the cook was French, it becomes clear why the name is French.Beef Stroganoff is beef with gravy, cut into thin long strips. In fact, it is fried meat stewed in gravy, which is an aromatic sauce. To cook meat in Stroganov's, it is necessary to cut a pound of beef tenderloin across muscle fibers into thin plates, carefully beat each one and cut it into strips. The thinner the faster the dish is cooked, it will remain juicy, which is very important for beef meat, because it is rather dry in itself. In a pan, heat well 2 tbsp. spoons of vegetable oil and in small portions lay out the meat, frying on all sides, stirring. Important:
- Do not salt or pepper the meat before frying.
- Put on the pan in small portions in a single layer. If you try to do everything at once, then steam will form in large quantities of meat, which will force you to give the juice to the oil. Meat will become dry and not appropriate cooking technology.It should resemble french fries: crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, and not vice versa.
- Heat treatment time is no more than three minutes.
Portions lay on a plate. And in the same pan, warm up another 2 spoons of butter and fry two onions, cut into thin slices into quarter rings. When the onion is reddened, sprinkle it with a tablespoon of flour and a hill, mix it thoroughly and we still stir for about a minute, be sure to stir it in order not to burn. Next, add half a tablespoon of tomato paste, 150 grams of sour cream, half a glass of water and, carefully mixed, put the meat there. Add salt and pepper, cover and stew for no more than five minutes. If the cooking technology was not broken, the meat turned out soft and tender, and if it was tough, it means that a mistake was made somewhere (most often in cutting or roasting), then you have to pour a little more water and stew for about 15 minutes.
Stew with Potatoes Baked
This recipe for beef and potatoes is quite versatile, because it can be adapted to different tastes of a person: add more broth - and there will be meat and vegetables in gravy, make less liquid, but sprinkle with grated cheese mixed with sour cream - and you will get delicious baked stews.For cooking you will need ceramic pots for baking, which are commercially available in every department of kitchen utensils, as well as:
- 0.5 kg of beef tenderloin;
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces;
- 2 carrots and onions, cut into half rings;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, passed through the garlic;
- 4-5 Art. spoons of vegetable oil;
- spices to your taste.
Cut the meat into small pieces and fry in butter until saturated with a ruddy color, move it to a clean plate using skimmers, and fry the onion with carrots in the same pan to a soft state. Add salt and spices to your taste and mix. Place the potatoes in a pot, richly buttered, in equal portions, fried vegetables, and meat on top. In each pot we pour an incomplete glass of water or broth, close the lids and place on a baking tray, which is sent to the oven, heated to a temperature of 180 degrees. The baking time is one hour. Sprinkle with garlic and fresh herbs before serving.
Basis for lagman
Fans of oriental cuisine probably know that the basis of the lagman is wajja, a rich gravy of pieces of meat and vegetables, seasoned with special spices.Such tasty beef with vegetables is a real paradise for a gourmet, and you can eat it not only with lagman, but also other types of flour products, as well as porridges and boiled potatoes. Required Products:
- beef fillet - 700 grams, cut into small cubes;
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into strips, pre-cleaned of seeds;
- one large or two smaller carrots, cut into half rings;
- chop two onions into half rings or cubes;
- two celery stalks, cut into small slices;
- head cabbage cabbage, cut into two parts across, the top used for other purposes, and the bottom, with thick parts of the leaves, cut into strips;
- one daikon root, cut into cubes or small half rings.
Fry the meat in 100 grams of vegetable oil over high heat until golden brown, then add carrots, celery and daikon to it. After ten minutes of stewing, add chopped onion and pepper and simmer for the same amount of time, stirring occasionally. Next, add the remaining ingredients and simmer another 10 minutes, then pour the sauce and continue to simmer under the lid closed on low heat for about half an hour.
To prepare the sauce, mix a pinch of jeera with half a teaspoon of black pepper, add ginger root, grated on a fine grater (stem five centimeters long), 1 teaspoon salt, 4-5 cloves of garlic, crushed with a knife or garlic press, you can also add a little Badian or Nutmeg. Carefully fray the mixture in a mortar, mix with two Art. spoons of tomato paste and two cups of broth or drinking water. This mixture is used as a sauce for quenching wajas.
"Meat under a fur coat"
What is the best way to cook beef, if you want a more original and festive meal for a hot one, and warm salads look trite and not everyone likes? In such cases, you can cook meat baked “under the fur coat” of potatoes and cheese, which everyone who has tried it will surely enjoy. Prepare these ingredients:
- 700 grams of beef fillet, sliced against the fibers in small pieces, marinated in a mixture of salt, black pepper, nutmeg and mayonnaise, with a small amount of crushed garlic for half an hour or an hour. The amount of spices is taken to your taste, the main thing is not to overdo it in order not to interrupt the flavor of the products.
- Three or four bulbs chop very thin half rings.
- 6-8 peeled potatoes and cut into strips.
- 200 grams of hard cheese grate on a coarse grater.
- 250 grams of mayonnaise for lubrication layers.
Beef with potatoes, cooked according to this recipe, is unmatched: the meat is tender, juicy, and on top is a baked potato and cheese crust, fragrant with a delicate aroma of spices. Grease the baking mold abundantly with oil, put the meat on the bottom, put a chopped onion in an even layer, which is lightly smeared with mayonnaise, evenly spreading it with a spoon. Next, put a layer of potatoes, which is also greased with mayonnaise. Place the form in the oven and bake for half an hour until the meat is cooked. 10 minutes before the end of the process, generously sprinkle the top of the potatoes with grated cheese and wait for the formation of a tender crust. Then get the dish and serve.
Burgundy Porridge with Meat
A simple recipe that combines French chic meat in a spicy sauce and simple Soviet pearl barley. Such a dish can be adopted by anyone who wants to diversify the daily diet.Step-by-step cooking pearl barley porridge with beef in Burgundy:
- Put the pearl barley to boil: to make it crumbly and tasty, you must first soak it in water for 5-6 hours or even overnight, as is usually done with dry peas, then it is cooked for no more than twenty minutes. Water take two and a half glasses on one glass of cereals.
- 800 grams of beef fillet cut into cubes, add salt and pepper to taste, 3 tbsp. spoons of wheat flour and hands to mix, so that it evenly enveloped the pieces.
- Finely chop one onion and fry in vegetable oil, add one grated carrot and stew for another five minutes.
- Add meat to vegetables and fry until golden brown.
- Pour the meat with 1.5 cups of good red wine, sprinkle with one teaspoon of dried marjoram or rosemary and mix. Let the mixture boil and add 150 grams of chopped champignons to them. Make the fire minimal, cover and simmer for an hour and a half, stirring occasionally, so that the sauce envelops all the pieces.
- When serving per portion of barley put three or four spoons of meat in Burgundy, should also be served cut from fresh vegetables.
On the same principle, you can cook wheat or millet porridge with beef.
So these little meat balls are called from the special ingredients that make up the recipe: beef, pea porridge and a lot of spices, which, intertwined in a fancy train, create a truly magical taste of this simple dish. The peculiarity of tricky meatballs is that half of the required norm of ground meat is replaced with pea puree, which makes cooking at times more economical without affecting the taste, because it largely depends on the right combination of spicy herbs. So, prepare the products:
- 300 grams of ground beef.
- 150 grams of dry peas. 3 hours before cooking it should be poured with boiling water and left to swell for two hours, then cook to the state of porridge and chop with a blender.
- 200 grams of hard cheese, grated on a fine grater. Parmesan would be ideal, but if it is not available, you can replace it with a cheaper Russian one.
- 1 large onion, very finely chopped.
- 1 egg.
- 3 tbsp. spoons of soy sauce.
- Spices: 1 tsp. Oregano, minced garlic and rosemary. Half tsp black pepper, nutmeg and sugar.
- 2 tbsp. spoons of tomato paste.
Combine minced meat with spices, pea porridge, egg, onion and half the norm of cheese. Salt to taste and knead the mass thoroughly with your hands.Leave it for half an hour in a cool place, so that the stuffing is soaked with the aroma of spices, and then, wetting hands with cold water, form walnut-sized meatballs. Put the meatballs on a baking sheet, greased with olive oil, at a short distance from each other and bake them in the oven at a temperature of 200-220 degrees for 15-20 minutes until a rich rosy color.
Further, this recipe with beef involves the preparation of the sauce: mix the tomato with soy sauce, add rosemary and boil a lot, then pour the meatballs with it and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Send in the oven for another 5-7 minutes before the melting of the curd. Submit still hot with any side dish to your taste.
Buckwheat porridge in a merchant
Buckwheat porridge with beef and mushrooms is a dish ideal for quiet family dinners. They called it back in the Middle Ages for the fact that buckwheat-buckwheat was available only to landowners and merchants who not only boiled it, but also generously flavored it with fried or stewed meat and mushrooms with onions. For cooking will need:
- 600 grams of beef fillet;
- white mushrooms - 200 grams, but if necessary, you can substitute another type of mushrooms, but not marinated;
- one onion and carrots;
- half a cup of buckwheat;
- half a teaspoon of black pepper, nutmeg and turmeric (if desired, add a little chopped garlic or chili pepper);
- 1 tbsp. spoon of tomato paste.
Boil buckwheat in the usual way (in the ratio 2: 1). Cut the meat into small pieces, fry in 3-4 tbsp. spoonful of vegetable oil and add to it chopped into half rings or diced onions, when porozoveet, add grated carrots and stew a little more. In a separate pan on two tablespoons. Spoons butter fry cut into small slices mushrooms, and then send them to the meat. Add spices, salt and tomato.Stir and pour one glass of purified water, let boil and reduce heat to minimum, cover with a lid and simmer for about 20-30 minutes. When ready, mix with boiled buckwheat porridge and let stand for ten minutes before serving. Such beef with vegetables, mushrooms and buckwheat will be enjoyed even by those who do not like porridge very much. Due to the specific taste inherent in spicy meat, porridge in a merchant will take one of the favorite dishes on your daily menu.
In the midst of the harvest, you can make a stew of zucchini, beef and potatoes, but this is too trite.Why not cook stuffed with meat vegetables? With the usual minced meat, fill the zucchini mugs, cut into 3-4 cm high, pour each slice on top with a spoon of sour cream or mayonnaise and bake in the oven until cooked at 200 degrees.Eight minutes before the end of the heat treatment, sprinkle each stuffed zucchini with grated cheese to form an appetizing crust.
A few tips on working with beef
When there are plenty of ideas on what to cook beef, it remains to add a few important nuances that will help make the dish tastier, and the meat itself more juicy:
- It is best to salt the beef in the heat treatment process, preferably closer to the end - then the most juice will remain in it, the meat will not be tough.
- Choose the best beef varieties no older than three years, otherwise the cooking time will increase significantly, and the meat itself will be harsh.
- It is imperative to remove films and streaks in meat, which harden and spoil the taste when heated, and if steak, chop or roast beef is prepared, then it also looks. The hardened fibers of the vein deform the flat plane of the piece of meat, twisting it.
- Do not hesitate to use different spices - beef loves them very much and readily absorbs various combinations of aromas inherent in spicy herbs.
And remember - you need to experiment to choose a recipe close to your taste.